Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
13-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #1

Introducing a dog into an all cat household

My friend has 4 cats two 2 year olds and two 1 year olds. She would like to have a dog but is concerned about how the cats might react.

I have had a dog and brought cats in, which is very different.

Has anyone brought a dog into an all cat household?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #2

Re: Introducing a dog into an all cat household

Sorry Rosie - no experience of cats and dogs in the same house, but it is a great wish of mine! I will be interested to read responses to your query. Welcome to Catsey too!

(So sorry, just got muddled - saw post No.1 and thought you were a new member - then saw Catsey Senior! duh - please forgive my blonde moment!!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
13-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #3

Re: Introducing a dog into an all cat household

we had cats b4 we got ben. and as long as theres some space where 1 the cats can hide in. and 2 where the dog can hide, ideally a baby gate inbetween doorways, id say we had 3 weeks of hissing n spitting. and now reggie is best mates with ben. although bens still not sure. protects his eyes. (dont blame him LOL)
oh and keep the dog away from the cat food. as the *Bi-product* is just discusting.
but good luck