Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
02-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #11

Re: I have a kitten - where's my cat?

I'm glad you got your kitten back! So nice when they perk up, isn't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #12

Glad to hear Cleo is a little better x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #13

I'm glad to hear she's feeling good. I hope she has the most wonderful long summer with the sun on her back ..... and then, after summer, a wonderful winter next to the radiator!
Losing weight? - she needs more chip shop fish! Perhaps a piece of roe?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #14

I am so glad she is doing so well - she is nearly as old as me!!! My 2 plus one of the long term fosters (and maybe both soon) go to be weighed once a month to keep an eye on them, maybe do them same with her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #15

Thanks everyone and I knew she was loosing weight you can feel it when you pick her up I am no good at guessing weights but I know she was loosing some.

But at the end of the day she does not do a lot these days and her food intake is the same she is just loosing wieght. But she is still gorgoeus. The vet we saw we hadn't seen for a while and he said how well she looks, her fur was a credit to us, (she is groomed twice a day now she adores it and saves her energy) but "our" vet who operated on her start of the year Pablo has gone back to Spain she was good though she rolled over well collapsed everytime the vets and nurses fussed her purring her head off even when she had the jabs she purred. Headbutting everyone in sight.

She has the food there DM. With the sumer almost here I hope she takes the oppurtunity to sunbath.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #16

Good to hear she is still ok Karen, such a little poppet!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
02-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #17

I'm so glad to hear she's okayKazz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #18

Glad Cleo is feeling better x x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Before anyone jumps into this post and says you should not "keep a cat who is not well" I say "mind your own business, she is happy and I will not keep her going just for me, I know my cat and will know when the time is right to have her PTS. But I will make sure she is happy and comfortable and above all okay in herself."
Dont think anyone would dare And anyway, although she has CRF doesnt mean she is an unwell cat, just means she is in decline, due to age mostly, in her case just as it was in Winstons.
I am very pleased she is doing so well. The weight loss can be cause for concern. Is it weight loss or could it be more to do with muscle wastage, I wonder. It may be the latter if she is eating the same as normal but maybe not as active.
She is such a beautifull girl and I wish her well. xxx Its very encouraging that she hasnt developed as many of the problems that the old boy did and every one here knows that you would NEVER let her suffer. As long as she is eating/drinking and is happy and comfortable, who knows how long this old girl will on for Personally I hope for many more years, she is a very special lady.xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #20

I think it's muscle wastage her brain has stopped working Thank you all and Thanks Elaine I must admit when I took her to the vets and he'd looked her over and then came back in the roo and closed the door - my stomach went into my throat and I had to babble to stop myself from crying I was convinced he was going to say "its time" and I wasn't ready but he didn't so I babbled at him again, talking absolute rubbish he must have me down as a right nutter, which is right. But never about the cats.