Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #1

I have a kitten - where's my cat?

Well I finaly bit the bullet and took Cleo to the vets, she has as some of you know been a little under the weather for a few weeks nothing specific but something. Well took her to the vets and he has given her a wide ranging antibiotic and "pain killer" and boy she seems to feel better I think she was just feeling a little rough - also her heart is perfect, and he said although you can see she is an old lady he would "guess" more 15-16 tha 23-24

The minus points; when she had her op start of this year she weighed 4.9kg now she weighs 4.1kg (quite a weight loss in under 6 months) this is a symptom (as Elaine will know) of CRF their bodies need to "eat" away their protien/body fat. But other than that she is okay keep an eye on her and we are going back in 2 weeks more than anything to monitor her weight, and maybe another jab if this continues to work well.

Hope no one thought I'd actually got a kitten - tut tut, my heart and my lap belongs to Cleo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
01-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #2

Re: I have a kitten - where's my cat?

Tis great news Kazz.
dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #3

Glad she's doing ok Kazz - & no we knew you wouldn't be getting a kitten. Not for a while anyway.

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #4

Thanks Dawn I know its not a "real" answer but similar to Oz's when he had steriods for his arthritis but she is eating drinking and seems okay just a little under the weather - the vet said consider it like a person taking an asprin. So I have seems to have worked she seem much happpier therefore so am I.

Before anyone jumps into this post and says you should not "keep a cat who is not well" I say "mind your own business, she is happy and I will not keep her going just for me, I know my cat and will know when the time is right to have her PTS. But I will make sure she is happy and comfortable and above all okay in herself."

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #5

Glad Cleo is doing ok despite the weight loss. Let's hope her weight remains steady now the vet has given her something to make her feel a little more comfortable x

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Glad she's doing ok Kazz - & no we knew you wouldn't be getting a kitten. Not for a while anyway.
If ever smudgley, maybe an older unwanted cat though but for now I'll stick with my grumpy od lady

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #7

So pleased she is doing well Kazz....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #8

I'm so glad! My first thought was "Oooooh kitten!" but when I saw you were the one posting it I realised it wasn't going to be an actual kitten

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #9

Glad you went to put your mind at rest Kazz. So pleased she is doing well considering.......long may it continue....

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
I'm so glad! My first thought was "Oooooh kitten!" but when I saw you were the one posting it I realised it wasn't going to be an actual kitten
My reputation as the owner of older cats goes before me I see one day you never know Snoof you never know I can do surprises. but I agree it is unlikely