Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
11-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #11

Re: Daily Shred Thread / Thursday

Well just got back from 'Melbicks' (i think thats what it called)..which is a garden center sorta thing..but with a cafe..and a book department..and a VERY reputable and knowledgable pet shop and aquatics center...went with my g-gran and one of my aunts..and ended up bringing Earl home..he's a new playmate for Bert to replace the loss of wee Ernie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #12

Snoof: If you *do* forget your camera, we'll just send you straight back, you know that don't you?!

Work here - dull. : /

Luke: Congrats on Earl! Does he resemble Bert or Ernie?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #13

Welcome Earl - we look forward to your pic when you've settled in with Bert!.

Catsey Veteran

11-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #14

Phew - it's hot. I have retreated indoors for a little but will go back outside, under my sun-umbrella, in a little while.
Remember I said earlier in the week that my bank account had been raided? Well, the bank has reimbursed me, plus the overdrawn charge (I never go overdrawn! ), but I still haven't heard anything from the fraud department. Don't know if that is good or bad - suppose it must mean I am not a suspect at all and they have to look for whoever made the payments and how? Anyway, i'm glad it seems to be resolved and my near £400 is restored! Bar-stewards.
Mr DM returns from Dublin this evening - hopefully bearing Bentleys Irish Truffle chocolates! (On sale at the airport, so there's a good chance!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
11-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #15

Just got back from work. VERY hot doggies and moggies today! Took me almost 3hrs to exercise 25 dogs! TOO HOT!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

11-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Mr DM returns from Dublin this evening - hopefully bearing Bentleys Irish Truffle chocolates! (On sale at the airport, so there's a good chance!)
OMG - see that?????? I've unconsciously named my little grey ghost after my love of that brand of choccy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #17

Ah well DM . . . you'll love him even more for it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
11-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #18

Uh oh I did not take pictures.

So I went to the rescue by bus + taxi and had my friend pick me up (as his lunch break was starting too late for us to get there in time) and arrived to find he'd been reserved just 10 minutes prior. He was absolutely gorgeous and so were his two siblings - but he's going to a good home and it'll make things easier for us if we adopt two siblings at the same time.

They were not allowed to be petted, so I spent my time waiting for my friend cuddling all the cats who were. They were all gorgeous, and I wish it were easier for me to get to so I could go in more often just to give them all some love I fell in love with a 5-year-old tom called Rufus who was just adorable and a complete lovebug. Unfortunately he's been in an accident that's left him incontinent, and I don't know if anyone will agree to take him knowing that He was a complete and utter charmer, tabby-and-white with the most expressive face. My friend adored him too (he's the ginger Rufus's daddy - ginger Rufus whom I've posted pictures of).

At first I was heartbroken - not so much over the kitten (while he was absolutely stunning, he had a home and that is good) but over all the cats there whom I couldn't help beyond a good cuddle (and some less as they were feral or very timid). When my friend arrived I showed him all the cuddliest ones and we both moped a little bit because they're all homeless... But then we enquired about another one and it turned out she was also reserved (a young - maybe 9-months-old at most - female black and white who demanded I pick her up and then hugged me) and at least two cats were picked up by their new humans while I was there... So we decided that they do have a high turnover, and that cheered us up some

Two of the people there recognised me from the phone and email (as this is the rescue we're also donating goods and services to as a company) and both told me to ring every day and that they were sorry... But I don't think anyone should feel sorry for being able to find cats a new home fast.

I also met two girls who come in regularly to cuddle the cats who're there, and talked to one of them for quite a bit... Very nice

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
OMG - see that?????? I've unconsciously named my little grey ghost after my love of that brand of choccy!
Must be a good omen DM!

Catsey Veteran

11-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #20

aww Snoof - what a bummer!
Never mind - it wasn't meant to be. Your new babies will turn up, and now they know you at the shelter, who knows?
I understand what you are saying about empty pens or quick turnaround - sounds good! Maybe people aren't as horrid as we thought.