Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #11

Re: Early morning blues

I was in a hurry when i posted my rushed response last night, so just to say - what a horrible way to start the day I've never forgotten actually seeing a cat road fatality, over 30 years ago. Took ages to get over that - I hope and pray I never see anything involving people.

As for letting the owner know - most local papers take 'found' adverts for free, so you could just put - 12 January, road between x & y (describe it better if you can...by the phone box or whatever), small black cat, sadly dead - if it was me I'd want to know.

take care x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #12

I saw a cat road fatality last year, I think it will always haunt me

I only let my cats out now at the weekend or during the day if we are there, Bronwyn doesn't like going out much unless we are out with her and now Arthur does spend a lot of time when he is out over the field chasing mice

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #13

DM - seeing a 'human' road fatality never leaves you. I witnessed one about 6-7 years ago. I stilll replay it in my mind and it makes me shudder every time. Thankfully it wasn't a child. That I think I'd need therapy to overcome.

Around here (town centre) SO many people just let their cats wander around. I always drive really slowly on the side roads that have cars parked either side of them, but although I've (touch wood) never hit a cat yet - I've had a few dart out into the road almost infront of me.

Having said that - hubby (when he wasn't hubby and we were just working together) did hit a cat on our way back from Brighton once it was very late and all I remember was that it was large and white

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #14

i have seen a few human road fatalities, some at side of road some when iw as a nurse, they never leave you. I saw a horse at side of road once, had just been hit as police were still there etc, that upset me too.
if i lived anywhere busy again I woudlnt let my two big boys out anymore.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #15

Ah sorry you had to see that poor cat. It always upsets me when I see a dead cat in the road. I witnessed a squirrel being hit by a car & killed a few months back and that haunted me for the rest of the day. If I lived near a main road I wouldn't let my cats out ether.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
13-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #16

we had a cat go missing a few years back,i walked round serching hedges ect for weeks, asked the council workers,even the postman,went to all the local vets,still never found him, im just hoping he moved in with someone else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
14-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #17

I saw a cat get run over a few years ago. The car infront of us hit it and crushed it's back end. The poor cat literally dragged itself across the road. We couldn't stop cos there were other cars behind us