Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

12-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #1

Early morning blues

I left home at 7.15 this morning and had to scrape the ice off my car.
I drove to work in thick fog- most unpleasant!!
Whilst driving through one of the local villages I noticed what I thought was a black plastic bag in the gutter.
It turned out to be a little black cat dead in the gutter.
I drove into work close to tears and all day all I could think about was that some poor person was missing a beloved pet.
I'm so glad mine don't go out.
Sue

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #2

Re: Early morning blues

Could you pop a quick advert somewhere?
I've seen them, they end 'sadly dead' but at least their owner knows............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #3

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #4

Oh how awful. I know what you mean Sue, mine are indoor cats as well. I could never settle if they were out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
12-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #5

at least some one had moved it to the side of the road,that was one thing that i found comfoting when my monty got hit by a car,he was moved so no other cars could get him, still didnt stop me crying for weeks,
so glad mine stay in now, even if i got a house witha garden id keep them in now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #6

Sue, I am so sorry you had to see that cat

Nowadays if I see one on a regular route I give it a couple of days then if nobody has taken it I take them to the local vets so they can see if they have been microchipped. I saw a poor cat once dead on the hard shoulder of the A12 it was there for at least a week, it really did upset me to see that every day. I couldn't stop because it would have been too unsafe It looked like a gorgeous tabby boy and he looked hardly untouched

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #7

What a terrible thing to have to see. Mine are always safe indoors when I am out and only go in the garden for ten/fifteen minutes at a time before they come in. Am happy with that arrangement cos I know they are safe.

Hope someone has removed the poor kitty now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-01-2006, 06:03 AM   #8

Mine are indoors only, thank God. Live on a busy street, my neighbor lets hers run outdoors & has lost 2 beautiful cats to traffic...I thought she'd learn after the first death, but...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #9

Oh how terrible Sue!!! I once saw a beautiful British Blue by the side of the road one morning and I WAS in tears all the way to work. I think putting notices up is a very good idea - I've not ever seen any but I think for a worried owner at least they KNOW what happened My cats too only go into the garden under supervision - if I can't see them then I worry!

I hope today is a better one for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #10

i had a cat go missing 2years ago, but we never found what happened to him. i still let my 2 DSH out, but the exotic i keep in, as theyre too stupid to ahe road sense lol. It is so sad though, I always remember when i was about 5 and we lived in london, there was a dead cat in the middle of the right, right next to traffic islands where everybody crossed the road. I wouldnt cross the road there again until it was moved, and it was about a week, will never forget that or when my mum hit a cat in her car, she was in tears. the owner heard the car screach outside her house and saw too. I was even younger then, so young i dont remember my age, I dont remember anything else other than my dad had to come in his police car ( he was a policeman then) and drive us home cos my mum was too upset to.