Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #11

Re: Felix keeps falling over :-(

Jo, this must be very worrying for you. I'm no expert but from past discussions, if there is nothing physical showing as a problem (i.e., no RTA, fall or similar) then the usual assumption is some kind of neurological problem. This can be manageable - epilepsy or the like - or not.

But before you panic you and your vet must carry out all possible tests to see what is bothering Felix. Whatever it is, I truly wish that it is something mild and treatable and that he continues to have a long and happy life with you.

Cats owned: British Shorthair
04-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #12

thank you everyone for your replies and for the information you've provided. i hope to god the vet can do something for him; Felix and I have been through a lot together and I would hate to lose him, poor baby.

i will keep you all updated with the outcome of the vets tomorrow. Thank you for your kind wishes

x Jo x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #13

Will be thinking of you and Felix tmorrow, Jo.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #14

Any news Jo? Have you been to the vet yet?

05-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #15

Hi, been this morning, he's still there. Vet says it's not looking good, he's apparently got a heart murmur and an irregular heart beat as well. The vet is going to xray him and if that shows nothing do a brain scan, but they still think its neurological and if that's the case he says there's not much he can do.

So, fingers crossed the tests today show something fixable.

Am now sat at work in floods of tears just at the prospect of losing him, just hoping for some good news.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #16

Try to be positive.
I sometimes think 'vet-speak' is a bit pessamistic and reality is often better

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #17

Fingers crossed that things aren't so bad as first thought and Felix can be helped with meds. (((hugs)))

05-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #18

The vet's just rang.... apparently Fe has arthritus in both his hip joints and they're both very swollen and tender. Thinks they may be the result of two separate injuries which could've occurred anytime (he has been run over in the past).... so he's dosed up on painkillers and anti-inflammatories and I can go pick him up at 4pm and we'll discuss ongoing treatment when I get there.

I'm so so relieved Thank you all so much for your kind words; I've felt like a bit of an idiot being upset at work, but unless you have pets you just can't understand.

Again, thank you for your messages. i'll report back later on once I've been to the vets.

x Jo x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #19

Good news for Felix....Arthritis is managable, hopfully he wili be more comfortable when he comes home...
Don't worry about getting upset Jo, goes to show how much he means to you, were are all the same with our pets...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #20

Arthritis is definitely treatable!! No apologies needed for being upset, we all are when our well loved cats are ill...been there, done that! (((hugs)))