Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #11

Re: Pillow washing.

How about an old pair of your jeans/trousers?? My cats have always loved my other halfs jeans?? put them on the floor and they are straight there!! just an idea

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #12

Or you could fold up the blanket with some other bits and pieces and make it look like a freshly laundered pile of washing. My cats always seem to like my washing basket grrrrr!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
30-01-2006, 03:06 AM   #13

He returned over an hour ago, and ate the entire pile of treats I put out in my deep guilt

And not a shred of concern for my feelings of course!

I'm going to sleep with the blankie tonight and then put it loosely over his pillow in the morning when he's usually out anyway. We shall see. Not the end of the world - sorry - I got 4 hours of very broken sleep last night and it messes with my head.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #14

Snoof
To familiarise your poor scaredy-cat (poor boy, I'm sympathising, not taking the p) with any new object, first, take a clean cloth (a hankie or something) then, when he's in a good, you-can-touch-me mood , rub it gently on his head/face, between his eyebows and his ears. That's where most of his scent glands are (that's why cats rub their faces against you - marking you as their own). Then, when the clean cloth is well loaded with his scent, rub it on the new blankie/bed/kittens - whatever it is your trying to familiarise him with. Should make it less threatening.

Did you ever try the clicker?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #15

Just a thought but if he's stil easily spooked try some bachs herbal rescue remedy in his water. That should act as a chill pill and he will learn there is nothing to be afraid of in the house. Then you can stop useing it. It's safe and Ive used it heaps of times for dogs. I know people who have used it sucsessfully for cats too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
30-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #16

DM, what would I do without you? I still haven't gotten a clicker, I've been too busy to go into town and jump into the pet supply shop.

I suspect he may be worried about the noise it makes if he's not sure what it does, but he'll probably treat it as he does the camera until he figures out its purpose.

Jac, I'm looking at options similar to that at the moment, but still trying to figure out which one would be best. DM (I think) posted a link to something that looked likely enough and could be crunched up and mixed into some pate or something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #17

Bachs is a liquid and can be added to water, food ect. Moli used it with her cats for a while. It does work and you can pick it up at any good chemist or health food shop.