Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
05-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #11

Re: Could you share your husband?

Nat

It's filled with drama if you're not careful - that's the bit that bothers me most. I'm generally pretty good at sussing out if someone understands that I'm not going to leave Matt for them and what the deal is... Matt is awful at it. Last time he met someone he was interested in she decided later on that he was Satan and tried to talk a close friend into dropping everyone he knows who ever speaks to Matt

Thinking to myself, "Thank goodness he didn't sleep with that one"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
05-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #12

yes you have to be good and working out what ppl want and you have to be very up frount about every thing i worked that out quickly

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #13

Did you meet the people through adverts or did you already know them?

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #14

I have never gone through adverts. They're very often people who know us, know what we're like, and want to try it. A woman I know is single and has the same lifestyle (she doesn't want a partner at the moment), the last couple I slept with just wanted to try it and the guy before that is in a similar relationship.

I personally much prefer it be someone I know. I'm allergic to drama, so I really like to know them as friends so I can see if a) I like them, b) they can deal with it, and c) we'll be able to stay friends after.

But it's by no means the most important part of my relationship with Matt. It's just something we enjoy doing that neither of us has a problem with.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
05-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
Well, it's much like jetskiing or gardening or watching football on the telly, yola... Some people like it, other people don't, and as long as nobody's getting hurt by it I don't see why people should feel forced to do or not do it
I've always felt a bit weird for thinking like that (or made to feel weird anyway). It's not something I have ever taken part in, and is unlikely to be something I'd ever do, but I see no great problem with it as long as all parties are aware and happy and safe sex is paramount.

I'm rather shy so don't think I could but Neil has already asked permission in case Cat Deeley comes calling! I don't think I'd have too much of a problem as long as all the rules were laid out first.

Cheating is completely different and me and the animals would be gone before he got home if he ever did that!

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #16

Cheating is a disgusting thing to do to someone. I don't know a lot of people who have an open relationship (only one actually, but he's not the cleverest...) who condone it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
05-05-2006, 05:23 PM   #17

Me and my husband are too jealous and I think I would feel hurt if he ever suggested it as he would if I suggested it but hey, everyones different

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #18

So long as ground rules are laid first and everyone understands them and BOTH partners agree then I don't see a problem.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #19

Sorry Snoof, I certainly can't say I feel admiration for you - but hey each to their own!

No, I could definitely not do it. Apart from the fact it goes against everything I believe in as I'm a Christian, I just cannot see the appeal. I love my OH and would never want to share him. Can't see the point of marriage vows if you intend to have a so called 'open relationship'. We have been married for 24 years this month and although I have met men I thought were attractive I have certainly not had any desire to sleep with them!

Just my opinion though - I know we are all different.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
05-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #20

Things are bit slow, with my new fella, not even told me parents that Ive met him yet. (they have got a shock coming there way aint they! first i meet my new fella n not told them, Then i get a fine n not told them!) Oh im so stressed.
But if i was married i wouldn't want to share my husband! That would be not nice!