Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread/Sunday

Wow, Anne, quite an experience! Glad you were able to stop it; that took some nerve, glad no one was hurt!

Cold, cloudy and raw here today, but the forecast has changed from snow, sleet and freezing rain to just plain rain this afternoon and evening; folks North of the City will be getting it. Market run for swordfish and veggies for dinner; just planning a lazy afternoon with the Sunday papers and crossword.

Mags: dinner sounds lovely......Kazz: hope the cold improves!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #12

Well I have never known one get worse so it has to be getting better...Thanks for the thought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #13

Not been up to much today, popped to B&Q and got ourselves some bedroom paint and a new radiator for our kitchen (old one - the paint is flaking off the bottom) and a new one for our bedroom.

Steak and Kidney pudding has been steaming for the last 4 hours, just another hour to go, it smells divine

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Hello all

I had quite an eventful day today. Took Cassy out in the car for a run in the field and whilst waiting at a junction for a car to pass I noticed there was no driver in the car I turned off my engine and jumped out of my car leaving it in the middle of the road and took chase. The door was locked so I jumped in front of it praying it would stop before it hit the brow of the hill and picked up speed. Thank goodness it stopped. Well there I was with my heels dug into the tarmac pushing aginst this car. I managed to flag a passing car down with one hand whilst spread across the bonet of this car. I thought this person I flagged down would help me with the car but he went off knocking on doors asking everyone who's car it was. Eventually a chap came running out of a house and got in his car and reversed if off my legs.

The owner of the car was very grateful and afterwards we all stood there chatting about what could have happened if it had rolled into a busy street where a group of kids where playing Thank goodness no harm was done

Oh and my OH rang me whilst I was spread eagel across the car and asked me what I was up to
Wow Anne!!! That was quick thinking on your part, you most likely saved a nasty accident there .....well done! I bet you have a few achy extended muscles now after all that pushing...

I'll keep my eyes open in the Post for you tomorrow!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
30-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #15

OMG Anne, what an amazing thing to do!!

Been a very lazy day today which is good since I am exhausted after all the driving and being away from home. We got back last night and Fizz has become Velcro Kitty, where I go, she goes

She looked very sad when we popped out to get food for the next few days and was overjoyed when we came back so soon after

Bubbles just jumped on me, gave me a kitty kiss then begged for food "Yay you are back mwah, now feed me"

I loved seeing my family, was good to see my in-laws but I am SO glad it's all over and things can get back to normal

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #16

I have caught up with the washing and ironing today.

Tomorrow I'm off to my brothers house till Wednesday. I'm going there for a bit of a break. By the sea, clear my head and Ceilidh will love it.

Kazz I hope you feel better soon and you Erin. ((((((((()))))) hugs to you both.