Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
22-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #11

Re: Raven again :(

Thankyou again everyone, its nice having support from fellow cat lovers. i didnt sleep too well last night, felt sick all night and morning and my stomach was in knots finally managed to speak to the vet around 11am and they had done his op just as i rang(for the second time this morning lol) and said he was coming around good. he said there was alot of grit in his bladder so they flushed it all out and have taken the piece to send off to be tested and will have the results in maybe a week. he has to stay in again tonight but should be ok to come home tomorrow. will be sent home with S/D food but other then that i guess its just a waiting game to see what the results say. will be ringing again this afternoon to see how he is and how the op has effected him etc so will update again then. still feeling sick with worry because i just want my boy home now but atleast the op is over with so fingers crossed there will be nothing more to worry about! just hope this doesnt happen again in another two weeks

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #12

Pleased to hear the op went ok for Raven, it will be good to have him home again tomorrow..

Catsey Senior

22-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #13

Thankyou Mags, it will definately be good to get him home! im missing him so much and i think the other boys are too again, they have been much quieter then usual. i woke up this morning and sat up and found all three of them squashed on the bed with us bless them.

i did just speak with the vet nurse, they are definately keeping him in tonight to make sure he goes the toilet and they are going to try him with the S/D food this afternoon but i have a feeling that he will be too scared to eat there again poor boy. she said that hes comfortable at the moment, thats what we like to hear! just got to ring again in the morning to make sure hes ok to come home and then arrange to get him. i really hope he can come home tomorrow, everyone keep fingers crossed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
22-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #14

Fingers crossed that he is home with his mummy tomorrow. Simon and guinness didnt eat anything while they where in there so i would worry to much about that. Healing vibes from us all here.

jane and the boys

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #15

poor Raven. I hope he's home with you tomorrow and that the vet can get to the bottom of his troubles ((hugs))

Catsey Senior

22-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #16

Thankyou both, i really cant wait until hes home, he must be upset with us for leaving him again bless him. i doubt he will eat anything at the vets again but maybe he'l sneak some through the night if they leave it down for him. i did forget to mention that the vet said they will be sending him home with a medicine to relax the muscles in his urether so he can wee easier. cant remember the name of it, begins with a D i think. he said hopefully it wont be long term and just while hes recovering from the op.

the boys are all being so quiet, they are definately missing him too. dont know what i would do without all my boys. i was saying to my partner earlier that it just isnt the same without all four of them together. right will update again tomorrow, hopefully il get some sleep tonight. thanks again xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #17

Hi JB - glad Raven has had his op and is recovering. Hope you can bring him home tomorrow and fingers and toes crossed for the lab results. ***HUGS*** needed all round I suspect.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
23-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #18

Hope he is home.

jane

Catsey Senior

23-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #19

HES HOMES!!!

we have just got home with him, the poor boy has to wear a cone bless him and he keeps trying to nudge his head into things and banging the cone-i know i shouldnt laugh but our heaters have ridges on them and he keeps running his head along one out of affection but the cone is running along it and making noise poor boy though, he seems to be handling it quite well considering. Rhino is scared of him though, but im sure he'l get over it.

right, now for what the vet said! he said he didnt seem keen on the s/d food but as soon as we got in i put some in a bowl and he wolfed it down as quick as his cone would allow but i did have to hand feed him most of it. hes had alot to drink too so thats good. the vet said he has been weeing fine too so thats another good thing. the vet was very good and explained absolutely everything which left me with no questions for once! he showed me the x-ray and we definately done the right thing in agreeing to the cystoscopy as i can see why he was concerned.

his belly is all shaved and stitched-caught a glimpse when he was sitting up. we have been given anti bs for him to prevent any infection from the operation and the other drug is called dibenyline. its to relax his urether in the hope that no more crystals form. other then that hes just back for a check up on tuesday and then waiting for the test results which he said will probably be a week.

it is sooooo good to have my boy home, i was so excited going to collect him and he was definately happy to see us and is just as happy to be home. im definately posting photos of him this evening so you can all see who has been causing all the worry!

oh, and before we even mentioned anything the vet said if we just leave another insurance claims form for them they will send it off and claim for me as a continuance so that was really good of them-especially as the bill was nearly £800 worth every penny to make my boy better though!

Thankyou all again for the well wishes and luck, we all appreciate it and will keep you all updated xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #20

yay, so glad he's home. He will probably be a bit strange for the next day or so bless him. That is good of your vet to have done that for you. Especially with such a large bill. Let's hope you get answers now.