Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
21-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #1

Raven again :(

following on from this thread about Raven two weeks ago, thought it best to start a new one: http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27440

Raven had been doing really well, was eating his prescription food fine and other then some prawns and cream on Hernies bday he has had nothing but his plain prescription food bless him. he seemed to be doing great, had his check up last wednesday and the vet was happy with him and said hes urine would just be tested in six weeks to make sure all was still ok. then yesterday afternoon he started washing himself down below again first we thought we were being paranoid but he hadnt urinated yesterday either(he has still been going on the carpet fortunately so we have been able to make sure he is going-first time ive been glad of naughty toilet habits lol) so this morning i rang to book him in and the vet rang me back when he saw we were down for an appointment and said to bring him straight in which was good of him.

vet had a feel and said it may just be bladder spasms but because of him having the blockage they will put him under and check again. lucky they did because when i rang to see if he could come home i was told he needs to stay in again as hes been catheterised again my partner has gone to speak to the vet now because the vet wanted to show us the x-rays and discuss whats going on(he said he would x-ray this time if it was another blockage to try and get a better idea of whats happening) so im just waiting for him to get back so i know whats what. im worried sick and feel awful knowing Raven will probably be in for a couple of days again the poor boy. i will update you all as soon as i know more, please keep your fingers crossed for my boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
21-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #2

Re: Raven again :(

Give him a hug from us all here.

jane

Catsey Senior

21-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #3

My partner just rang to let me know what the vet said. there was a slight blockage again and they done the x-ray and this is what has concerned the vet. the vet said that when a cat has a blockage for a while it can cause thickening of the bladder wall and it will all be equally thick all around if that makes sense. on Ravens x-ray though there is thickness in only one area. the vet said hes never seen anything like that in a cat Ravens age(1 year 9 months) so he would like to do a cystoscopy. a cystoscopy is where they will remove part of the bladder wall, a tiny section and send it away for testing. i actually had this done myself a few years ago so i know exactly how my poor boy is going to be feeling tomorrow the vet said hes sure it will be nothing to worry about but he would rather rule out cancers etc and obviously if it is found to be something its better found sooner rather then later.

they said it will be done in the morning so he will probably have to stay in tomorrow again. he will be opened up to do it so the vet said he can get a proper look then too but i am so so worried. atleast to this point no incisions have been made so im sure i will be up all night worrying about him. they did let my partner into the cattery to see him though and he said he was purring straight away but that he looked comfortable.

the vet also said they will chage his food again from the c/d to s/d so hopefully that will be better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #4

Oh poor you! You must be going through hell right now. At least you noticed he was having problems sooner rather than later.
I'm sure his op will be fine but I will be thinking about you both. I'm sure everyone here will be sending him good vibes. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #5

Oh JB - I am so sorry to hear that Raven is poorly again. It really is a huge concern for such a young cat. Do hope all goes well - healing vibes from me and from Merlin too and ***HUGS*** as well.

Catsey Senior

21-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #6

Thanks everyone, it really is very stressful. we keep wondering if we were right to agree to the cystoscopy as the vet said he doesnt think its anything to be concerned about but that he'd rather check. on one hand i would like to get it checked too because i would hate for in a month or two to discover its something more sinister that could have been got to now. on the other hand im wondering if we are putting him through an unnecassary operation. but then i wonder if im just being selfish because im so worried about the operation. i just wish i could have seen him this afternoon myself. oh what our cats do to us! they are worth it all though.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #7

Sorry to hear Raven is poorly again .........lots of healing vibes being sent to him..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #8

I'm also thinking of you as you and Raven go through this trying time JB. he's in my prayers that the op and its findings will be successful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
21-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #9

Poor Raven and poor you what a rollercoaster ride for you. I have evrything crossed for the op tomorrow XXX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #10

Hoping you get some good news tomorrow....Thinking of you and sending healing vibes and Hugs...xx