Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #11

Re: Feliway Diffusers

MrsH had a good point about the scratching post. If you don't want to invest in a commercial one, a good sized dead tree branch will work perfecrly fine. I have one that I rescued when the tree people were cutting down a dead tree in the neighborhood; have had it for years and my cats all used it. Most of them ignored the bought one. Also the citronella spray is an excellent suggestion: cats dislike the smell of citrus.

I'm no Photobucket expert, but please PM me if you have any questions about the photos, John. I may be able to help.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
06-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #12

When I first got Koko............ small feral and totally disturbed, I used Feliway. Did it make a difference? You know in all honesty I don't know. I felt I was doing something.

She really only came round when Raja came to stay.... she really wanted a friend.

I have several scratching posts......... they use them with huge gusto.....and everywhere else. Got a cat? Forget fine furniture!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
06-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #13

Oh they don't like the smell of citronella? I do! Visions of me spraying the stair carpets, the chair arms etc etc!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #14

Hi Everybody..i have a scatching post.but i think the kitten attacks the furniture because he knows he shouldnt..its to wind me up..the little sod is playing because he knows i will chase him..I bought a feliway. not sure if its working yet..fore the past couple of nights Tommy and Simba have been up in my bedroom ..fireworks ..they seem to get on alright together..