Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
28-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #1

Feliway Diffusers

I read on a thread on here a short time ago about Feliway Diffusers..has anyone tried them ? only my local pet store has them on offer at £22.50..and I was thinking of getting one..it may calm the kitten down and stop him scratching the furniture, and attacking/playing with Tommy, which usually ends up in a fight....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #2

Re: Feliway Diffusers

I use them, usually plug one in a week before i leave on a house sit, just helps Eva to adjust to my absense a little better.
It wont stop the kitten scratching furnature though as they sctratch, not only to sharpen claws but to scent as well. I used a product called sticky paws when I bought a new sofa, which helped. Its a bit like double sided tape, but check that it would be suitable for your furnature.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #3

I used the diffuser for about a year when Balie was at his most stressed (after Myshka's arrival) and he was toiletting everywhere and very nervous. I've stopped at the moment because although he's pretty well confining himself to our bedroom he seems quite happy with it and will respond positively when you spend time with him there.

So in terms of smoothing over irate/stressed/hyper kitties by all means, but as Elaine rightly says it won't help with furniture scratching - although it may contribute to resolving it.

It can take several weeks to take effect so best stock up on a couple of refil bottles as my experience showed it 'diffused' very quickly!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #4

I've never used one, but many of the members here have reported positive results; I would try one if I had a stressy/high-strung cat; Leia is very laid back. Give it s try, John.

Does the kitten have a name?

Catsey Senior

John is Male
28-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #5

hi and thanks for all your replies..ok I reckon I will buy one this weekend ..maybe help the pair of them to mellow out a little..
the kittens name Simba..he is white with tabby markins..and he is very friendly..I have tried posting pothos a few times but does not seem to work..Im just crap on a pc..lolo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #6

Simba! Like the name. Do you have your pics hosted on Photobucket, John? If so, there's a Helplink here. I'd love to see Tommy and Simba.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #7

Hi John - if you are OK with buying online PetPlanet have current offers on Feliway and there is a spray now too.

Catsey Senior

John is Male
29-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #8

Hi angieh ..thanks for the link to Petplanet .it looks as if there is only about 50p differance in price. but it will be good to compare prices on other items..
Hi DM ..I did try once with photobucket . but I wiil have another go
John

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #9

I've never used Feliway so I can't comment on it, but re - the scratching, have you got a scratching post of some sort and shown Simba how to use it (I had to do that once as one of our long-ago cats just didn't get it. ) I have also when needed used a spray to make those particular chair legs or whatever less attractive, I used a citronella based one it was more effective than some of the others.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
29-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #10

We LOVE Feliway...

Always have 2 diffusers going and keep the refills & sprays ready for emergencies!!!

DO shop around tho.... Prices vary greatly..... Vet UK are where I get mine from & feel free to PM me for the link which will donate a % of your spend to castaways animal rescue too!!!

Hope it helps!!!