Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #21

Re: Fridays Daily

DM, I'm sending as many warming vibes as I can! The sun has been shining all day and when inside a cosy office you could almost imagine it's not winter!

I know men don't like discussing their own feelings, but after a fight like this I like to explain about how he made me feel etc. But again that's something they like to avoid, I know. I can only let it go once it's been aired and we've hugged and made up, literally. I'll be seeing him soon, so who knows!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #22

I'm a great believer in "hugging and making up" - something my OH doesn't seem to want to do generally speaking. It's sad but after nearly 25 years of marriage I am trying to get a bit tougher. Sometimes it works, sometimes not - depending on how the hormones are going!

MEN!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #23

morning, all.
there is something so nice about laying in the dark and listening to the rain outside and knowing you don't have to go anywhere..couldn't tear myself away! shhh..i may just go back LOL.
nightly meds causing strange dreaming and night sweats..going to give it another week before i complain as i've taken this med before (just not this dosage) and i got over the side effects quickly last time.
OH's mother coming this sunday for a visit to see the saltwater tank..not very excited because 1) she's a neat freak 2) our house is a mess and it will take forever to clean it today/tomorrow 3) even if it's clean it won't be up to her standards knowing her. think i'll save the most of it for when OH is off work and around to HELP me clean this mess as most of it is his.
anyhow, just taking it easy today. i nearly fainted twice this morning just making the coffee (more side effects from meds?) and i'm not sure why this is happening (i've also lost my appetite so not been eating much, could be it) so i'd really rather take it slow today than faint when i'm home alone and no one is here to take care of me.
plus, it's a good excuse to be lazy and listen to the rain, LOL.
have a good one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #24

Hi all - we have had no more snow thankfully. Road is still like an ice rink and I think we'll just stay around all weekend.

meep - hope all is well with you both tonight. Some good advice and support given to you here, I can only echo what has been said.

Tink, hope your meds even out soon. Can you call the surgery and ask if what you are going thru is normal for these meds? IMO if OH's mother is going to find fault then why knock yourself out over it? Be true to yourself - you'll never please everyone.

Going to have a long soak in the bath and then friend coming round later who is retraining as beautician is going to give me manicure/pedicure and french polish.

Enjoy the rest of the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #25

Mags, I'm not too good on English geography, they were showing the snow in Plymouth today on the noon news, and it really looked a right mess! Is that near Bristol? Brrrr!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #26

Hiya it has snowed again here quite heavily this morning but has not frozen think thats the Godsend here it actually thaws out during the PM then snows again in the night/early AM....trouble would occur if it was freezing but luckily not.

Supposed to be quite bad again the weekend so off out to get some milk etc now so I don't have to go out in the car at the weekend as I am off work - Yah...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
06-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #27

Evening!
Horrid busy day today, we operated to remove a sock from the small intestine of a goldendoodle as well as our normal ops list! Also sadly, the owners of a cat we've had in for a few days opted to have him put to sleep this morning which was quite emotional.
It's snowing again here at the moment and seems to be staying around.... I'm such a kid, I love the snow, although probably only because I don't need to go out in it
I found out today that my friend's funeral will be next Friday, it still doesn't seem real , just a constant 'sick' feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Hope everyone's keeping warm.
Lx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Mags, I'm not too good on English geography, they were showing the snow in Plymouth today on the noon news, and it really looked a right mess! Is that near Bristol? Brrrr!
Eileen, Plymouth, which is in Devon, is approximately 100 miles (160km) from Bristol and they had really bad snow storms and disruption there..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #29

Thanks! They're going to be showing more pics of the snow in UK on the 6 pm news, will watch for it. I'm just glad everyone here made it OK, no falls, accidents, property damage or power outages!