Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #31

Re: Merlin has had his cyst drained!

She was fine aterwards you can see the post op picture that was 3 days after, when back from the vets she wa seating chicken in the early evening. No trouble at all had her stitches removed 10 days later and as I say purred throughout.

She was 23 year and 5 months when she had the op in Jan 2006. And got on fine the cysts never came back and she lived happily till she was PTS (not related to the cysts) at all but kidney trouble and old age July 18th 2006 1 week short of her 25th birthday .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #32

What a lovely old sweetiepie! That does my heart glad to read that and to know that the operation option is not as dire as it could be. I know these young vets, they give you loads of confidence, because they are confident in themselves - but of course it's always a worry. Thanks Karen - we have a week of pills before going back, but I think I might try and be a bit more upbeat about it now!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #33

This was Cleo about 3 months after her Op as you can see she was "stetching and moving about fine" even had a new perspective on the world.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #34

Great to know these cats have been through this and come good
Gives us hope when our puddies are sick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #35

Thanks so much Karen - I see you have added to Cleo's story - I think it's probably worse for the owner than for the puss in question. Cleo certainly came through that with flying colours. Fancy rolling over to get the vet to tickle your tummy while he's trying to take the stitches out!

I've had my OH read your post too. I think he's more reluctant than I am at this point and I want to encourage him to come along and talk to the vet next Friday.