Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
20-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #1

Cats on the mend. (I hope!)

Hello all.

Its been a very busy and not so pleasant week or so here. Moosey was brilliant after his op, but just 36hrs after his anti-biotics had stopped he started sneezing! Within 24hrs, overnight really, he was a very poorly Cat with laboured breathing, nasal and eye discharge and a very crackly chest which you could hear! The Vet said its not uncommon for Cats to develop such things when their immune system had been supressed, as in the anesthetic, but poor Moosey was a very sick Cat. Thankfully he responded well to the various drugs and within 2 days was well on the mend. So then Rowan thought he'd join in...........then Scooter, then Wiggy!!! So 4 Cats on anti-biotics, but are all doing fine i think, Moosey and Rowan are back to normal, in fact Moosey is just bursting with energy now his teeth dont hinder him, Id forgotten how naughty he was!

I hope that Jessie and Schnapps dont come down with it, being elderly ladies, so far so good. I have never ever had a cat with a virus type thing, I suppose its like Kennel Cough in dogs, one gets it then another? Anyway, ill get round to a pic of the Moosey as I said for you, if I can catch him!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #2

Re: Cats on the mend. (I hope!)

Sorry to hear that the virus has been making the rounds, Dawn. Hope the oldies won't get it, and that everyone will be well for Christmas. And a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
20-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #3

Oh dear, sorry to hear your babies haven't been well
Four cats on AB's must have been a challenge! Glad they're on the mend now though.
Can't wait to see pictures!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #4

So sorry to hear the boys are poorly Dawn...Hope they all recover soon....I know the feeling, one gets, it goes right round the rest...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #5

Glad they're all on the mend Dawn. It must have been a real worry for you. I hope the two oldies stay clear of whatever has been bugging their others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #6

What a worry for you Dawn - glad to hear that they are mending. Virtual hugs all round from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #7

good they are over the worst. Hope that the oldies escape it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #8

Thanks all, and all of you have a super Xmas too.

Its been a difficult couple of months with these here pets!! Wouldnt change them though!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
21-12-2008, 05:10 AM   #9

Get well soon kitties. Must have been a very stressful time for you but fingers crossed they are all on the mend now. Hugs x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #10

How worrying for you Dawn sounds like you had your work cut out with 4 of them on ABs Pleased to hear they are recovering now!

I hope your two grand old ladies stay clear of the virus ....... and you are all able to enjoy a bug-free Christmas