Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
15-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #1

Once you start, you can't stop...

I took a couple of pictures earlier of Ninja, for the picturetaking thread, and then of course I sat here looking at them, tutted to myself and went out to take a few more

Without further ado:

"What are you doing, woman?!"

"ACK! It flashes!"

"Oooohh, I'm meant to look pretty, am I? Okay then!" (linked because I suspect it's too big).

I'm so proud of him - he's a gorgeous cat. And while he's very adamant about his personal space and his comfort levels, he's quite affectionate to those he gives more license to (me ) provided they abide by the rules (not too close, and must pay attention to his bodylanguage and sod off the second he's had enough).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #2

Re: Once you start, you can't stop...

He is a beauty!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #3

He's a darling isn't he??? But you can see the caution in his eyes. Bless his little heart

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
He's a darling isn't he??? But you can see the caution in his eyes. Bless his little heart
The only time that caution goes away is when he's on the first-floor landing being petted, with loads of escape routes. While that corner is safe, it only has one escape route so when someone's standing there petting him he can't get out.

Only the other day I accidentally walked into him (he came streaking through the kitchen in Ninja Stealth Mode and I turned away from the sink and walked into him, nobody got hurt but he has a chronic fear of feet, we think he's been kicked in the past) and now he refuses to be really in the house.

I've been lavishing attention on him insofar as is feasible - mostly talking to him a lot when I'm in the conservatory and occasionally petting him while I'm there - and I think he'll be back inside before too much longer, but it's one of those things you could kick yourself over for ages!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #5

What a stunner!! Gorgeous boy...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #6

He's a smasher!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
15-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #7

Hes a beauty... it always means such a lot when you can win their trust, my black and white Thomas was a rescue cat, vere very shy and reserved.I was so honoured when he decided that he trusted me, I love all my cats dearly but I just feel a stronger bond with him because of that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
15-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #8

He's lovely! What a shiney coat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
15-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #9

He is gorgeous. Persevere with him and one day it will all be rewarded. My two are very shy and tend to hide away most of the time, but when they do come out of hiding when the house is quiet it is so worth all the hard work.

Catsey Veteran

15-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #10

He's awesome My friend once asked me why I adore him (this was right after Ninja attacked his - very bad-smelling - bare foot for coming too close ) when he's so moody and sulky and suspicious... And I said "Because I can, and nobody else does!"

Ever since, they've made a truce since Ninja realised that while my friend needs to walk around the house a lot, he's not trying to chase him or scare him, so they grudgingly allow each other to continue to exist without any foot-attacks