Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #1

ryan wants to learn horse riding

There are two schools real near to us, one is in a nice little village so I figure nicer hacks for him one day.
It's £10 half hour group of 10 or more £11 half hour 2 to ten riders or £13 private (will go for that for first lesson i think)
Hat hire £1.

I used tolove horse riding as a kid but the only horse who carry me now is a shire lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #2

Re: ryan wants to learn horse riding

Go for it Ryan!!! I'm sure he'll love it, especially if you can give him some pointers CJ

I'm terrified of horses (big old chicken aren't I). However I did go for 2 rides when in St Lucia (not lessons but hour-long treks) and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Not sure if I'd do it again though .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #3

Ive never rode :S x

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #4

i reckon i'd be a bit nervous if i ever went back now, been erm.......13 years since i went last!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
28-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #5

I rode for a number of years when I was little, and was terrified of falling off. Don' ask me why I continued, because I don't know. Stubbornness perhaps. Or pride. Then, in my twenties, some of my friends took up riding and I went to a few of their classes - discovered that I wasn't scared any more. I'd love to find someone near by who needed a groom (I've done that for a living for a spell) and the occasional exercise-ride. I'd need a lesson or two first, though. The four hours in the saddle in Dahab... You should have a go again CJ! It'll give Ryan something to teach you when he's had a few lessons. At least judging from the girl who was part of our girlie ride-out. She'd had one lesson and was giving her mother pointers. Hmmm... not very encouraging, am I? : /

Great idea to do the first lesson(s) one-on-one! Means less distractions when you need to concentrate and he'll learn lots!

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #6

i a bit overweight hreow, dont think it fair on a poor horse, besides i'd wobble so much i'd fall off!!!

but elliot copies ryan at karate lessons, so once elliot four he going and as it a family club i joining that too!!!

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #7

You may wibble-wobble, but you won't fall off, and you won't be pulling at the horses mouth or kicking his elbows, as you've ridden before, so I'll reserve the sympathy for you for the day after, rather than the horse.
I shall now temporarily cease to be a nuisance and hobble off to start the dough for tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #8

your far from a nusiance hun
dough? do you make bread??mmm cant beat home made bread. i had a machine once god was the bread AWFULLLLL maybe it was cos it was a cheap machine, i dont know, but i follweod the recipe exactly

or are you talking about other dough?

only dough i can make is play dough,kinda, cheper version lol

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #9

I blame Mum. She baked all our bread until she started having asthmatic-type reactions to the flour flying about. Dad was so hooked by then, that he took up the burden of baking the food bread. You should have seen him the first few times - carefully following the recipe to the letter, thousand questions to Mum (which she couldn't answer, being an intuitive baker "just add some".) and measuring at least twice. I took over the cakes and buns bit.
When I moved out, I discovered that I couldn't manage without home-baked bread, either. Genetic perhaps? Therefore I am cursed to bake until my hands can do no more. *And* I force the results on anyone I can outrun! The everyday bread is very simple, just flour, water, yeast and salt. Flour tends to be a combination of whole-wheat, granary, oats, spelt, rye, though never all. Kitchen sink is just about safe as well. I let it cold-rise overnight. Results in two trays of big bacon-butty-size buns and one tray of same dough with mixed seeds for my breakfast battons. Takes all of ten minutes to start, ten to shape, and the rest is just time I can do other things (CP and sleep, in this case) and time watching the oven (no CP, or they burn...)
I can also mix a mean play-dough, but rarely have the opportunity. : / Only so many wobbly ash-trays you can find a good home for.

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #10

wobbly ash trays?
I got a one legged horse, a cup with no handle and holes all over it, a extremely wobbly vase andseveral lumps of coloured stuff from my toddler!!