Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #1

Internal alarm clock

Why do kids have an internal alarm clock that says let's wake up when mummy is in her deepest sleep.

Or lets wake mum up now cos she has been up half the night and only just went back to sleep??

I put blankets up over my bedroom curtains last night in an attempt to block out some of th sunlight and hope elliot would sleep past 6am.
I was in and out of bed until about 4 am with arthritis aches and pains. I FINALLY get off to sleep sometime after 4.29 ( last time I looked at watch)
and elliot decides five to six is a GREAt time to wake up and demand coco rocks and juice!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #2

Re: Internal alarm clock

When my two boys were younger they decided to give me a telly tubby wake up. I hated the program so what they did was when it came on first thing about 8ish they put a telly full blast on upstairs and another one on full blast downstairs. Telly tubby wake up aaaagghhhh.

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #3

ryan used to do the WIGGLE on me.
if you watch nick jnr you'll know they sing a wiggle song. Ryan used to jump in bed next to me, wriggle like crazy and yell " do a little wiggle in the morning time" until I got up!!!

kids are great arent they!!!

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #4

Yeh but I couldnt eat a whole one.

Ceilidh stayed with Derek last night. I didnt have to get up could have stayed in bed but the mummy clock went off and I couldnt go back to sleep.

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #5

I know what you mean. My boys go up north to my mums three times a year. usually for a week or two,and I stillw ake up at 6am everyday. then just as I am getting used to being able to lay in theyre back lol!!!

I used to say to ryan shall we have fryin ryin for tea lol. He would run off screaming like a little girl " no no no eat ryan"

These days it's elliot pie on the menu!!!

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #6

Thing is when you have them you wake up tired. Then like today I have been up since 7ish wide awake. Sods law.

I just love it when they are young. Thing is they grow up so fast. Talking as a mum to a 23 year old 15 year old and a 5 year old.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #7

Could you try giving them a clock, marking the 'get up' time and saying they can play in their room but don't disturb Mummy.

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2006, 09:25 AM   #8

He he been there. She just moved the hands to the "get up" time she's not daft.
I dont mind really, she's normally up about 7.30.

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #9

i think elliot is a bit young to get the idea the of the clock. ryan is no bother, he sleeps until I wake him up lol.

I do try giving elliot wadges of toys and books on the ebd but he always wants to come downstairs