Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-06-2006, 06:34 AM   #1

Daily thred-Thursday 8th June.

Morning all. Beauuuuutiful morning here, thanks goodness its cooler too, horribly hot night. Back at work shortly, all have a good day.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-06-2006, 07:40 AM   #2

Re: Daily thred-Thursday 8th June.

Morning.
Off to work soon & staying there on overnight duty not done one for ages.
I'll be on later though as I only have to answer phones & if its quiet I can come on CP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #3

Morning
A bit overcast here at the moment. Waiting for Ceilidh to wake up. She didn't sleep well last night, bad dreams. Not like her. She got into bed with me at 4am then kicked all night.
Not sure what today holds. I have to dye my son's hair. Big brother has treated him to Download festival in Donnington. (rock music) he wants to dye his hairfor it (a blue stripe). The two of them are flying down tomorrow then back on Sunday. It was Darryle's birthday while Sean was in Iraq and this is his birthday present.
Have a good one everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
08-06-2006, 07:53 AM   #4

Its beautiful here again, Meeting my Aunt for coffee this morning, then I think its sitting in the garden for a while x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #5

Another languid summer day. Market this morning, maybe get something nice in the fish line for our meal tonight.
Have to do battle with Thomas Cook over our October holiday in Crete They told us the flight time had changed, meaning we would arrive in resort at about 5am! No good, we're larks not owls, and it would take us a couple of days to chill after that. So, we want to change or get a refund of the deposit. No chance of a refund and the change is causing problems too. Grrr. Haven't done a package for several years .... it's so easy to make your own arrangements via the web, so this experience means we're unlikely to go back to any of the package operators.
Mini is quiet and sleepy, but does not look uncomfortable. I will keep a close eye on her. The kittens are wonderful - had their first vaxx yesterday and behaved very well.
Hope everyone has a lovely day, and that the temperature is just right - I wish you all a gentle cooling breeze.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #6

morning all. been up since 4 Am, woke up and couldnt get back to sleep as the birds were singing very loudly.
SO by 7 am I had done all the litter trays, groomed all four cats, groomed the bunnies, cleaned out the bunny runs and hutches, fed and watered all animals and kids, and done my ironing too.

Had a phone call from ryans school. I sent him in with some money in an envalope for his school trip. they rang to say he had lost all but a pound ont he wya to school.

How on earth could he loose 8.50 and not notice/find it is beyond me. So I have to send it in AGAIN tomorrow. Really cant understand where he could have lsot it, we live 3 minutes walk from school!Somebody is laughing this morning arent they having found £8.50 somewhere.

Feeling extremely tired and aching lots today. One of my not-so-good days. Was planning to go to town but I KNOW i wont make it feeling like this.
My friend suggested getting an electric wheelchair or scooter, but I explained to her I cant just plonk myself in one cos I feel a bit tired now and then. I would feel very odd using one to be honest. I just hope my doctors can helpme on the 23rd and things improve. A lot of days I cant leave the house as I have so little energy I cant walk anywhere.

anyway, slightly overcast here this morning, but still fairly warm. Hubby here tongiht until tomorrow night, he usually comes up weekends but my mum's here and he doesnt like her and she hates him, so it's easier he stays away from her lol.

No plans for today, just get done what housework I can manage.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #7

Morning everyone, beautiful here and hot already.
Off to Sainsburys soon before it gets too crowded and stuffy...

DM ~ sorry to hear Thomas Cook have changed your flight times....what an unearthly hour to arrive at your destination! We usually book with them every year and have never had any problems.....yet! I hope we aren't in for any flight changes in August
Pleased to hear Mini is comfortable and no worse today....

Enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #8

CJ - please don't get a motorized scooter unless you really need one - energy breeds energy and if you spend your days riding around on something you'll probably become even more lethargic and exhausted. I know it's hard sometimes but try to keep positive about things I had a friend that gave in to a wheelchair before she needed to, and now she never leaves it

DM - wishes of energy, vitality and good health to Mini

Smudgely - working a whole day AND overnight??? I'd be kipping by 9pm

Jac - blue stripes in hair sounds cool. I hope Darryle enjoys his festival. I have very happy memories of Galstonbury circa 1985

Sweet, Dawn and Mags . . . enjoy your sunshine. Dawn - did the rabbit hutch arrive yesterday?

Today is hot and sunny again. We're off for a lunchtime strategy meeting with a couple of our senior team . . . it's going to be hard to focus in the warmth with a spritzer in front of me

Hubby is hoping to take the day off with me tomorrow and we'll head off to Birling Gap in East Sussex to the seaside!!! Woo hoo . . . I'm quite excited about that.

Also, hubby said that we can probably pay ourselves enough out of the business at the end of this month to start work on paving the garden. I think he's planning to get someone in to break up the acres of concrete and skip it all and then he'll do the paving. Can't wait

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #9

Just to say the sun has broke through and it's lovely.

Away to do Darryle's hair will ofcourse take photo's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #10

Well, the holiday is sorted. Instead of flying from Bournemouth at 11pm on a Friday we'll go from Bristol @7.30am on the previous Tuesday. Might see you for a cuppa Mags/Sweet!

Mini is 'in hospital' having blood tests. I'm playing with the boys. Haven't made it to the allotment yet (till I hear from the vet) so I hope everything is surviving without a drink. Will have to go in the cool of the evening.

Yola - day off and garden makeover? Hey!
CJ - the heat is draining. Hope you feel better soon