Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #1

Advice on new camera

Ok, I have really really had enough of my old camera, so I am about to order a new one. I might get if from my catalogue (choice for you) I just ordered a Kodak Z612 from there but they had the picture and description completely wrong online and in the catalogue. So the camera that has turned up wasn't what I thought I had ordered

I ideally want to go for 6 mp or more, not sure if I want to go for a tiny sized camera or not at the moment

Any suggestions?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #2

Re: Advice on new camera

Sorry cant help any but good luck.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #3

Fran has recently bought a new camera Emma and she has taken some beautiful photos with it. Maybe she can help you later.....

Me....I'm just a point and click person....don't know much about cameras at all!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #4

Depends what you want to do with it Emma and how much you want to spend. Compact cameras dont have many manual features, so you have to accept their settings for all circumstances, some do have manual over rides, but they tend to be much more expensive. I have had 2 Nikon compacts, now have a Canon EOS 350D digital SLR. SLR's are bigger, much bigger and the lenses are detachable, they cost a lot and the lenses do too, if you want to do a bit of serious photography, they are the way to go, if you just want to snap away and take pics each day and pop it in your pocket, then compacts are ideal.
Dawn.

Oh meant to say. If you are not printing, then 4 MP should be fine, the more pixels the better quality for printing bigger stuff.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #5

My new camera is a Nikon 5600 - it is tiny!! But it is 6mp and it does take decent photos!!! Thats all I ask in a camera!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #6

We bought the Canon EOS 350D that Dawn has. It's brilliant but quite beyond my photographic skills I do like it though and intend to get to know all it's features in time. It was very expensive however

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #7

Thanks everybody,

Fran the Canon 350D is coming up as being £699 on my catalogue, which I think is quite expensive, the only reason for getting one through my catalogue was they have an offer on at the moment of buy now pay June 2007. I think however I will send the Kodak one back and research them a bit further as me and the OH couldn't find any cameras that took our fancy on there.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #8

Argos are doing the Canon 350D for £579 so the catalogue is working out as being a lot more.

Time to start saving I think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Fran the Canon 350D is coming up as being £699 on my catalogue, which I think is quite expensive
Think it was around £600 when we bought it Emma from Jessops the photographic shop

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #10

Good thing you've got your new job coming up Emma!!