Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2006, 02:30 AM   #1

Camera phones...anyone familiar with them?

As some of you know, I have had poor luck with cameras; originally had a Kodak One-Time-Use which was very simple to use, but they're not made any more. Got a Kodak Easy Share which turned out to be very complex plus wouldn't work with my Mac browser! So, have ben thinking about exchanging my cell phone which is simply for calls, for one that takes pictures. A friend said the quality isn't that good, but she's almost profesional (has had 3 gallery shows & sells her pictures) so I doubt if my standards are that high! have a gazillion questions, but no point posting them unless some of you post pictures here from a cell phone. Any Help?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #2

Re: Camera phones...anyone familiar with them?

Eileen, Random posted this photo from her mobile phone yesterday.....she may be able to answer some questions when she is next on.......

http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/s...ead.php?t=7582

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #3

I do have a camera on my phone but to be honest I don't use it that much (if at all). I have several pics stored on it, but I have not a clue how to set the phone up for sending phone-to-phone or for downloading to PC.

I think the quality is so-so, and certainly not as flexible as even a mid-range digital camera. But then I've only seem the pictures on the phone screen rather than on a PC screen

Hope that helps . . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #4

This was taken with my camera phone

I find the piccs good quality. Also the one in the photo comp was from my phone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #5

Jac, that IS good quality (and doesn't Ceiligh look sweet)? I take back what I said, it's obviously just the screen resolution on my phone that's making it look ropey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #6

My camera phone is a 2 m pixel camera and it is quite good. My old home camera was a 2 m pixel too, which was good enough for me until I recently purchased my new 6 m pixel.

I would say stay above 2 m pixel if you can for a camera phone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #7

I dont remember what my hubby's old mobile was, but i ahve a photo here taken from his mobile, we then went to boots and printed it off at the kodak kiosk. It was of elliot when he was a few months old. I have had it framed up until yesterday when I cahnged my pictures around, and I had actually forgotten it was taken on a camera phone thingy until i took it out. NAd that was three years ago.
Hubby now has a nokia that costs around 3400, so above the price range of most if buying, but he got it on a good contract, the photo's are superb.

Sorry i cant be of more help thoguh

i did have amotorola flip phone with camrea on, util it was stolen from me last summer,photo quality on there was rubbish.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #8

I have a Motorola V3X and the pic quality is very very good, 2 MP I think.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #9

Thanks all for your responses! Now questions: assume they don't come with a flash so must be used outdoors or indoors with only very good lighting..is that right? How many pictures can you take...or does that depend on the type of phone? Then, and most important, how do you get them from the phone to the computer? I hope it's not really technical, as I'm not very good at that sort of thing....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #10

ok to send your pics to the pc you should have been given a link to the pc a cable if you wasnt and your phone has bluetooth then you can do it just let me know i can talk you through it I can ring the usa for free cell phones to