Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
17-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #1

Flea Treatment Problem

Alfie was given Frontline spray on his first visit to the vet and for about 4 to 5 hours after could not stop scratching, so much so I phoned the vet who said it was probably just a reaction and to leave him and it would settle (which it did eventually). Anyway I am supposed to do him again in about 2 months but don't want to put him through that again. Any suggestions?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
17-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #2

Re: Flea Treatment Problem

some times its the fleas having a final *party* doing their nuts at the frontline. thats my technical term for it sorry.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
17-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #3

I had a cat who developed a stomach ulcer after I used Frontline on her, it was only when I used it a second time, with the same result that the Vet and I came to the conclusion that she was having a massive reaction. From then on I just sprayed her bed and the carpets etc. with a flea killer spray. It kept her clear of fleas . Logoes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #4

Maybe try one of the other treatments? The one I use is Advantage, but there are several on the market.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #5

darcy had a reaction to advantage but is fine on frontline. AS Yola says tohugh there are quite a few on the market. Some good oens that worm at the same time too now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #6

Perhaps you could try the spot-on applications rather than the spray? It's just a small concentrated amount on the back of the neck rather than having to spray the cat all over. Good luck, let us know how you get on

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #7

I agree with Fran, try the spot-on application........I use it on Cassie and have had no problem with it......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
17-07-2006, 11:18 PM   #8

Try Capstar tablets they kill all fleas within 24 hours and spray the enviroment. You can get Capstar from most vets or from www.wormers.co.uk cheaper. Hope this helps.