Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #1

The Daftest way to get a cat

I remember when I was about 10. My friends cat had kittens. I wanted one but my parents said no.
So what did I do? Told my friends parents It was ok to get one. I kept it in my bedroon without my parents knowlage for a week. Then my Gran came to stay (in my bedroom) and let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. I was made to take him back . His name was Felix. I hated the world and it's mother for a while after that. Funny I havent thought about that for ages.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
23-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #2

Re: The Daftest way to get a cat

I desperately wanted another pet, but I was living with my parents still and they had said "only one pet each, ever". I'd had a hamster, so no more pets for me. I conspired with my littlest brother, gave him some money to go out and get me a guinneapig for my birthday. Parents were *furious* with me for a week, then couldn't deny that he was cute and no bother ("but if you *ever* let his cage get dirty, he's *out*!!" must be in the parents' handbook... They all say the same thing. )
I was very glad to still have him when I moved away from home. Nice to have something alive to come home to, when you're used to having a whole family there.

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #3

It broke my heart having to give him back, but it was to *teach me a lesson*. Made me look a right fool too . I couldnt do that to my kids if they wanted something so desporatly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
23-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #4

I got a rat the same way as you, Jac, only I asked the petshop lady to keep him for a week and then convinced my parents to let me go get him... That was before I found out you need to keep rats in (at least) pairs.

I think "The Daftest Way to Get A Cat" would be a great title for my autobiography, given recent events

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #5

Snoof go for it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
23-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #6

i tried the it followed me home mum can i keep it answer was always take it back to where u found it