Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
27-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #1

Leaving tomorrow...

I might not be able to get online tomorrow morning, so thought I'd let you all know now. Matt's dad is coming here tomorrow morning to pick up Random and drop us off at the train station. We're going to a bed and breakfast Random and I stayed at for over a month 3 years ago.

It's right across the bridge from Edinburgh (North Queensferry) and we're going to celebrate our 18 month anniversary - it'll be our first time together without a small child (as Random is biologically not his) and also our first time together when he'll spend an entire day without working.

We'll be back on Sunday evening, but Random is being dropped off on Monday

I'm looking forward to it very much. Don't anyone go posting the cutest pictures while I'm gone!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #2

Re: Leaving tomorrow...

Aww that will be lovely Snoof!! Enjoy your weekend, enjoy your childfree break.......and a Happy 18 months Anniversary to you both!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #3

Oh Snoof - that sounds like a wonderful trip. One forgets, with all the focus on children, that it's very important for adults to spend time together too. As for working, I have the same problem with hubby, even when we went to Austria for a week, he was on the hotel PC or trying to get a laptop connection to log into his email

I hope you both have a fantastic time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
27-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #4

Hope you have a lovely romantic week-end together!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-07-2006, 02:27 PM   #5

Have a really lovely time Snoof!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
27-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #6

Thanks everyone I'm still chuffed I managed to talk him into it to begin with

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
As for working, I have the same problem with hubby, even when we went to Austria for a week, he was on the hotel PC or trying to get a laptop connection to log into his email
That's the one... Matt is building up a company, and currently its central selling point is his amazing ability in computer programming. So naturally, there's a lot of work involved in that and he does the vast majority of it because nobody else can. My colleague and I (we do the systems and the networking) are working on stuff, as my colleague has far more experience than I do he's training me so soon he'll be able to hand off enough work to get stuck into the programming (he can program, but nobody's as good as Matt is) and taking some work off of Matt's shoulders as we're worried he'll burn out if he keeps going like this for too long.

But this weekend the laptops are staying home and I'm getting his phone. The Managing Director has promised not to ring unless everything is on fire or something (in fact, his words were "I am not ringing") and if anyone rings about anything even remotely computer-related, I get to tell them to try again on Monday

Even so, he'll be able to work tomorrow morning (if he gets up very early) and Sunday night if he absolutely has to, but from the moment we leave the house until we come back there will be absolutely NO working

I'm so excited We met in Edinburgh (I lived near Dunfermline at the time), so tomorrow afternoon we're just going to wander around the city like we did on the day we met...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
27-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #7

Have a great time Snoof, say Hi to Matt from me.
Dawn,.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #8

Sounds idylic - enjoy.

And remember to take a walk in the rain, jump in the puddles, follow the rainbows. And any set of steps you come to remember to only go down them after linking your arms together and then singing at the top of your voices "New York New York"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
27-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #9

That sounds wonderful Snoof. Have a great weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
27-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #10

[Quick! We have two days to post *all* our best photos...]
If you bring the cats, I can pick them up tomorrow, nae bother.

Hope it is everything you've dreamt of and more. Can't go far wrong with just the two of you.