Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
27-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #1

Power cut!

Hi,
Yesterday I came in form work at 4:30pm and hopped in the shower and washed my hair.
Then all of a sudden everything goes off! It was about 10mins later i realised i couldn't dry my hair! (nightmare for me, it goes really frizzy and doesn't go straight once its dried!)
While i was in the shower my mum was cooking the tea! so when it went off we couldn't carry on cooking (as we have an electric hob)
anyhow, had to empty the freezer and take the food down to my nan and grandads so they could freeze it.

Then got back home about 9.00pm and my mum started the tea again, managed to get it cooked and at 10.10pm-ish as soon as we were about to take our first mouth full.... we ended up in total darkness! So then had to get the candles out. And i missed Big Brother! I was really gutted about that.

Our street looked freaky in total darkness, with a few houses having candles on.
But everything is back to normal now....hopefully.
Lol, so that was my exciting day yesterday.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #2

Re: Power cut!

That just goes to show how much we take things for granted, doesn't it?!

Glad you managed to have your meal eventually Jane!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #3

Glad you managed to eat your tea eventually Jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #4

I love power cuts . . . did you know 9 months after a power cut there is a surge in new babies being born

Seriously though - I love candle light, and living in a 200 year old house it really shows how dark it would have been before the advent of electricity, once the sun had set - never ceases to amaze me!!!

Jane - shame about BB . . . was the cut as a result of a storm???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #5

I'm used to power outages; happen frequently in Summer when tree limbs bring down the lines in a violent storm. I keep plenty of candles and 2 oil lamps handy; acutally it is sort of pleasant in an odd way to have the whole neighborhood pitch black with just candlelight flickering in windows,...if you don't open the freezer door, stuff will keep safely for about 2 days; longer if you get some dry ice for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
28-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I love power cuts . . . did you know 9 months after a power cut there is a surge in new babies being born

Seriously though - I love candle light, and living in a 200 year old house it really shows how dark it would have been before the advent of electricity, once the sun had set - never ceases to amaze me!!!

Jane - shame about BB . . . was the cut as a result of a storm???
Erm no, we havent had any storms here at all. its been sunny sunny n sunny.
I love power cuts aswell but not when i need to dry my hair of have my tea lol.
Last time we had a power cut was in 1998 new years eve. that was soooo funny.