Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #1

Wednesday's Thread

I have a sore throat today and am very tired. My own fault for staying up far too late watching 'The Green Mile' on TV. I have to admit to being completely absorbed by the film, rare for me to get so caught up in a 'blockbuster'.

Am very miffed coz me hair appointment for cut and colour has been cancelled due to colourist being off sick. I'm about to phone them and complain a bit. We're off for a long weekend to Dorset this coming weekend and I didn't want to go with 2 inches of dark root showing on my hair . . . yuk!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday's Thread

Hope you can get someone else to do your hair Yola - we don't want none of they darrrrk roots (in bucolic accent). Hope you will have a comfortable wekend - the weather seems to be cooling and we actually had a drop of (unexpected and unforecast) rain overnight. The garden cushions did not appreciate it!
Dinah retched a bit again this morning, which was a disappointment as I had hoped she was almost recovered.
I've been scanning and uploading more of that treasure trove of slides I discovered yesterday. I haven't seen them for 20 years or more, it's amazing. Don't worry, I won't inflict them all.
A swift house tidy/iron/prepare for visitors I think. Did I tell you M&D are coming over for a week on Monday? Don't know quite how that will go but nothing ventured etc and I hope it might give Mum a bit of breathing space (even if it half kills me! )
Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #3

Awww Yola sorry to hear you're not feeling too good today

DM have a great day and a lovely lunch. Hope next week goes well for you with your mum & dad staying.

I've got my niece coming to stay for the weekend on Friday, should be interesting cos we've never had her stay overnight before

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #4

Hi everyone! We had a lovely day out in Devon yesterday but too many hours spent on a scorching beach playing with the kiddies has left me looking like a lobster today
Didn't get home 'til 10.30pm so just wanted to crawl into bed....

It's lovely here today after a shower of rain during the night.....

Yola ~ Hope you throat feels easier soon.....

Have a lovely day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
09-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #5

Oh dear Yola, hope you feel better soon. I watched most of The Green Mile too, have seen it before, amazing film. I should have gone to bed early as I am working tonight.

Been shopping today, bought a couple of t-shirts as we are off on holiday on Friday! yipee! Bought a new watch as Caleb chewed the old one, didn't realise Ihopw much I looked at my wrist! Treated myself and my daughter to lunch at Subway and now relaxing and hopefully get some rest before tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
09-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #6

I have been to Lacock today and took a picnic and ate it by the River Bank watching the fish and ducks etc..

Met up with a Tortie who turned out to be 18 years of age! and named Wilf - LOL, the parent said that they had named her already before realising he was infact a she!!

Wilf looked good for her age with a very small face, by all accounts the kittens she had are very much larger.

I am glad I came face to face with the little darling, for many a visit I have watched the cat flap and empty dish in the garden and kept wondering.........

Off out later for a drink.

Yola get better soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
09-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #7

......forgot to say, I have pics on my camera phone, just not sure how to get them here LOL - may have to take the memory card to Asda and have them put on a disc x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
09-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #8

Evening all,
Been really hectic here over the last few days. On sat we went to a place called burnt Island. There was a fair there so we had an unexpected afternoon at the shows.
Sunday I decided to take Ceilidh for lunch, sat outside in the sun. It was great. Then on Sunday night my stepdaughter came round with the twins.
Monday I took my Mum to Gordons. He's stil in alot of pain but he's looking better and keeping his food down. His wound was infected but is getting better.
Today we went to deep sea world. Between that and me getting the house all cleaned up for going on the market I'm knackered!

We also have a new addition to the family. A wee boxer boy! He's 10 months old. Red brindle called Kaizer. He has a few health problems but is a wee sweetheart. I did forget how puppies keep you on your toes