Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #1

daily thread - Thursday

Morning! It's a lovely morning here even though the national news is a little alarming.
Had a lovely time last night with our old friends - we just picked up where we left off and talked and talked and talked from 6.30 to 10.30! I always think that is a sign of real friendship, where you don't have to see each other that often but just resume from where you last met.
Our Canadian friends are due to return this evening and we are looking forward to a couple of days with them before they go home on Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
10-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #2

Re: daily thread - Thursday

Afternoon!

It's cloudy and dull today with light showers on and off. Kittens are demolishing my kitchen again but they are happy so I don't care

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #3

afternoon all

I just done my grocery shopping, took me 2 1/2 hours today, and it ony a 20 minute walk usually.

plans for this PM, waiting for hot dogs n chips to cok, and then we watching a movie.

hope you're all having a good day.

yola- how's bump? not long to go now eh?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #4

Afternoon all!

Still very cloudy, windy and quite cool here.

Have been to the hairdressers this morning......there was panic stations there as one of the stylists hadn't turned up!!

Going to sort out my wardrobe for my hols this afternoon...

Have a good day all, and don't worry too much

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #5

Not much going on here! I always seem to be having a lazy day when I answer these threads .
Have just had an eye test and ordered new glasses. Am trying a pair of reaction lenses, anyone else had them?
Weather is a bit cool here, OK if you are out of the wind, still..........it is not raining

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #6

I've just had a bit of an afternoon kip (unheard of for me) . . . this morning did lots of ironing, cleaning (apart from what my lovely cleaners did), sorting out of garden, moving of pots (carefully) etc. Looks like the nesting instinct is kicking in

Am contemplating going out and polishing the front door and the brassware, but will leave it for 1/2 an hour and then decide

Had my car valeted (hubby had been carting sand n stuff in it) . . . now looks like new - Wow, it hasn't shined like that since I picked it up from the showroom

Cats have been kipping in the borders most of the day, but as rain threatens they're now indoors . . . kipping (just started pouring here)

I have 5 weeks to go as of today with this massive bump. Movement is getting difficult . . . I'm aching more that I ever remember aching with Dominik. Just want it all done and dusted now. I have to admit the cooler weather is suiting me much better - although I'd rather not have rain for our weekend away, the breezy, cloudy stuff is currently preferable to strong sunshine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwise
Have just had an eye test and ordered new glasses. Am trying a pair of reaction lenses, anyone else had them?
Are those the lenses that react to light? If so I have some of those..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #8

Good news - Nicola (the girl with the brain clot - remember?) has had her surgery and is doing well.
And flights from Dublin don't seem to be affected
Hurrah!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #9

DM - hope Nicola will make a full recovery now. Glad to hear her op went well.