Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
10-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #1

Do you think there may be more trouble ahead/The terrorist plot

Do you lot think that we could be *waiting* for more trouble concerning the terrorist plot?
Do you think that the plot has been fully averted by security etc?
Your thoughts...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #2

Re: Do you think there may be more trouble ahead/The terrorist plot

I think we should live our lives as usual Luke.
Any time we modify our behaviour because of threats of terror/ism then it/they win. Don't let them. Freedom is everything.

Don't think that answers your question really - ummm, things will probably get worse before they get better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #3

I personally think that something will, at some point slip through the net and there will be a major attack of one kind or another in the UK. However, I don't believe anyone should (as DM says) for a moment alter the course of their plans or day to day activities as this will mean that the threat of the terror has won and people have succumbed to their inner most fears of the 'unknown'.

I was brought up in London with the constant threat of IRA underground bombings and similar. And yes, whilst you kept an eye open you simply didn't let it affect your life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
10-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #4

I too think that people should live their lives as near to normality as possible. Of course these things are going to affect our lives but we shouldn't let it show.

Attacks are possible in this day & age, we've already seen the evidence in the London bombings last year and I personally feel that in the future more attacks will happen in this country

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #5

I agree,I do think attacks in this country WILL come, I dont know if it will happen today, next week, next year, but I am sure things will happen.

I grew up living on or near army camps, and we were used to bomb threats as kids, and always checking under our cars before we got in them etc.

This is just described as a terryfying scale of destruction, these people always find ways to slip through seciruty etc, sadly to say.
something will happen at some point.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #6

I think there will always be threats of terrorism against our country.....we are a very strong country and we are also a very strong nation of people who will 'fight' to keep normality and not let any terrorist organisation see they have got the better of us.....