Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #1

Moli . . . car question

Moli, I remember you saying your OH had a VW Touareg. I have been looking at this SUV as an alternative to the Lexus hybrid which is working out waaaaay over my budget. Would you/he recommend the Touareg? If so, what model would you say was best?

Are there any other SUVs or larger MPVs/saloons out there that anyone can recommend as I seem to be running around in circles and drowning under car catalogues!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #2

Re: Moli . . . car question

My Hubby drives the 2.5 TDI Auto Toureg, his is the middle of the range, has all the extras, like heated leather seats, traction control, sunfoof too many really to list.....He has had it chipped, and gets much better performance and fuel comsumption from it now, about 600 to a tank of fuel.....although it costs him £80 to fill it up...It is more or less the same car as the Porsha Chayenne....Very comfortable, I would liken it to a Jag we had years ago, very smooth ride....There are quite a few models, the top of the range I think has a 5 litre engine...If you want luxury Yola its the one for you....Why don't you test drive one....I know my Hubby would not change it for anything now..
Let me knoe what you decide....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #3

I didnt like the seats in the Toureg, the back seats were like benches, are they improved now?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #4

Thanks for that Moli. I'm kind of looking at a mid-range ones at the moment too - need leather seats . . . wipe-clean you see .

I've had satnav in the Lexus but tbh, why pay £1.5k for it as an extra when I can buy a stand-alone unit for £150 and hubby can use it in his car too!

I've never had a diesel before, but they're no longer dirty and noisy are they? I need it to drive like a car rather than like a tractor!!

I will probably be arranging a test drive shortly as I do think it's a very nice car. Cancelled my Cayenne test drive as I felt it a bit ostentatious at this point in time (hubby has an older Porsche and to have 2 Porkers would be just a bit much ).

Dawn - I ain't never going to get near the back seat - that is the territory of the little ones so as long as it'll take their isofix seats (which it will) that ticks the box on that one!!

Other current contenders are Audi Q7 (bit flash) and Volvo XC90 (bit utilitarian).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #5

I have never sat on the bacvk seats, so cannot really say, although my son has and has neve complained...The only way you know his car is diesel is the engine purrs!!!its not at all smelly, It is more or less the same as the Chayenne, but not as expensive to buy and run...
Must admit I do like ther Volvo....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #6

Cars go way over my head lol x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #7

Sounds painful Julie! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #8

lol, opps, it does when you read it back lol x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #9

Yola not sure if you would consider a Kia Sorrento, my mum has a top of the range model, leather seats etc, there is loads of room and I believe it won best 4x4
JD Power customer satisfaction survey two years in a row.

It is a lot of vehicle for the money, I also have a friend with one and he said it is faultless

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #10

interior