Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
12-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #1

Kittens - maybe!

Well my auntie has just been on the phone, someone she knows has 4 kittens that she can't find homes for and has said they will be drowned in 2 days if they can't find homes for them . Apparently they drowned the last litter of kittens they had, why they don't get there cat spayed I don't know.

So I'm sure I know what everyone of you would do, the same as me, I've offered to take all four and find homes for them, I will be phoning the local cat rescue the minute they open tomorrow and getting their help, can't just leave them to drown.
So now I'm just waiting for my aunt to phone these people and find out whats going on, but I said I will be in the area tomorrow so can pick them up then.
I have no idea how old they are or anything, I hope the cat rescue can just take them off me straight away but I am prepared to foster them short term.

Any of you people who already foster cats got any idea of how long it might take to rehome 4 kittens? When I agreed to take them it was a life/ death situation for the kittens, now I'm thinking I might end up stuck with 4 Kittens and I already have 4 cats!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #2

Re: Kittens - maybe!

Oh bless you for rescuing those kittens...what an awful woman!! Is there a CPL in your area? Best of luck, please keep us posted about the little ones!

Catsey Junior

12-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #3

There is a CPL but its quite a way away from here, there is an independent rescue lady nearby and I'm sure she will be helpful as my vet recommended her, but they aren't open on Tuesdays.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #4

Again, bet of luck! Why doesn't that idiot woman get her cat spayed....boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
12-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #5

Oh my - poor kittens and poor cat

Good luck in collecting them and finding new homes for them all. I hope that the CPL can assist you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #6

That is dreadful, how could anyone do that? I don't understand it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #7

What a terrible attitude. I hope they get the mother spayed now, or this will happen at lest once a year for the next 10.
Good vibes to you - I hope they all find nice homes

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #8

Bless you for saving those poor kittens......how could that woman even consider doing that to them It makes you wonder what condition the poor mum is in too

Good luck with the kittens, I hope it won't be too long until they all have loving homes.......

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #9

I have posted some links that mioght help you out a bit. Well done for offering to take the kitten and saving them from drowning. I think the lady who drowned the last lot should be ashamed of herself. But some peopl never learn I hope that the mother is spayed this time to stop anymore litter.

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site...Felixstowe.asp
http://www.[Sys edit: Links to pet forums not allowed]/adoption/suffolk.html
http://www.animalrescuers.co.uk/html/cats.html
http://www.eaarc.com/animal_rescue_centres_suffolk.htm

Hope you can find a rescue centre to help you out. Best of luck and well done.

Sally

Catsey Junior

12-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #10

Thanks for the links Sally, very helpful. Hopefully we can get these kittens homes very quickly, I don't want to risk falling for one (or more) of them!