Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
28-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #1

A new playmate.

Well, I have this kitten named Socks, and like all kittens, he's VERY playfull. However, I feel bad when I leave him to go to my Bf's house or anywhere in fact, cause he wines and he wants to go with me every where. None of my other animals will play with him. Garfeild use too, but now he's more like a fatherfigure who only scolds him when he does something wrong. He was taken away from his mother at a very young age, so I tried to be there for him always, but my social life is catching up. So, I've been thinking about getting him a play-mate. Someone to play with and sleep with, (Hopefully to eat with so he dosn't be such a porker all the time -_-;; ) cause I know it must get lonely in the house. However, the only way that I can adobt another kitten, is if I get rid of two animals. I said okey, cause we have so many o.o;;

We have 2 dogs,1 lizard,1 bird,I don't know how many fishes,2 guinea pigs,and 3 hermit crabs.

So, is it worth this to get a playmate for Socks? I also wouldn't mind having another kitten around the house ^^ I fell inlove with socks just like that, and I would probally fall in love with another one quickly.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #2

Re: A new playmate.

I agree it would be nice for Socks to have a little playmate, especially if he is going to be left alone at times.

As for having to get rid of two of your other pets, that is a hard decision and one that only you can make

Please keep us updated on your decision.....

Catsey Junior

28-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #3

I'm thinking about the guinea pigs...Cause they're cute..but they're messy,make alot of noise, and they're ALLWAYS hungry XP So, I'm going to try and find a home for them, cause I don't want to give them to a stranger.

Catsey Junior

28-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #4

Not to mention, now that Socks is getting his teeth..when he plays he bites,and everydayit hurts a little bit more lol. So, I'm almost positive I want to get him a play mate.

Global Moderator

28-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #5

I hope you can find a nice home for the guinea pigs and eventually find a new little friend for Socks! I'm sure they will have a lot of fun together too!

Catsey Junior

28-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #6

When I go to pick a kitten out, I'll bring Socks along to see which one he gets along with the most. Would that be a good idea?

Global Moderator

28-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #7

I think that would be a lovely idea but be warned they may be very wary of each other at first....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #8

Hmmmm, I'm a little wary of taking Socks along when you look for a playmate...does he travel well? Although I suppose he never has, so you don't know. Also, kittens aren't like puppies, ready to romp and play with one another upon introduction... I definitely agree another kitten would be nice for him, as Garfield is an adult, and may not be too interested in playing...do let us know what you decide...

Catsey Junior

28-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #9

Socks loves to go places with us, He jumps in the car everytime we go somewhere and he sits above the airconditioner and looks outside.

Catsey Junior

29-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #10

^_^ I found someone who will take both guinea pigs, She's a breeder and she has alot of them and she only gives them to people who WILL take care of them and also, she checks up every once in a while to see how they're doing. So ^^ I asked my Mom and she said it was fine to get another kitten for Socks (and me hehe ) So, we're going to look around for one as soon as we get the Guinea pigs out of the house.

Well, now that I know. What gender should I get for Socks? He's a Male and Garfeild is a Male.