Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
30-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #1

Holidays?

So, if you go on holidays what do you do with your kitty?

We havn't been on holiday for a while and I doubt we will (people generally aren't too keen to look after 4 hamsters, two guinea pigs...then to feed 10+ chickens and come round to see to the fishies) but was just wondering....I guess people get pet sitters to feed the kitty throughout the day and to spend some time with them, or get family/friends to come round a few times a day?

Just curious really lol.

Jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #2

Re: Holidays?

Me and my O/H very seldom go away anywhere together so there is usually one of us here. On the odd occasion we have gone away together we always have a friend live in while we are gone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #3

Holidays???????

LOL - we don't get holidays so it's not an issue. On the rare occasion we have been away in the past, I've always has a family member come and stay as Balie's nervousness puts pay to any thoughts of catteries or outside house-sitters

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #4

We plan to use a cattery recommended by a friend (we have to make sure vaccinations are up to date) but since we got Jason and Molly nearly 2 years ago we haven't been away anywhere together! We've had many cats over the years and previously have had neighbours popping in to feed them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
30-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #5

I use a wonderful local petsitters whom I really trust and get on with. They have 7 cats of their own as well as dogs and other small animals. They come in and feed my babies, play with them, give them lots of cuddles and clean the litter trays - all for £7.50 per visit - which I think is great value and I know my cats are in safe hands.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #6

I dislike traveling, so don't have this problem; years ago used a well recommended cattery and my cat was so distressed at the experience he lost weight; hardly ate, and was a nervous wreck . When my friend was away I went over daily to feed her cat ; she didn't like the idea of a cattery for hers, who was also a high-strung cat.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
01-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #7

We take our dogs with us, but as my son is now 19 and doesn't want to go on holiday with mum & dad anymore so he looks after the cats. In previous years we have used an excellent local cattery.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #8

We've used the same Cattery for 10 years or more so Cassie more or less treats the owners as family...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #9

My cats usually stay home & someone will come & feed the them & the chickens (several people to choose from)

The dog stays with friends (or she can always stay in the kennels at work if I was desperate)

Someone from Cats Protection comes to look after the rescue cats.

Jane - what chickens do you have?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #10

Thanks everyone, I doubt we will be going anywhere soon but it's good to know what other people do

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Jane - what chickens do you have?
We have 5 ex-battery farm hens, 2 maran hens, 1 maran cockral, 1 banty and errmm....another hen, the banty and 'other' hen were found roaming around next door but ones garden, both at seperate times. We currently had 15 maran eggs in an incubater, unfortunatly we're now down to four - but they should have hatched today/yesterday so we are very doubtful now