Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
07-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #1

hernia

has anyone had any bad luck and had a cat grabbed by a dog??roxxi was grabbed by a greyhound it shook her about a bit,when she came in she was wet from its mouth but looked ok,3 days later a lump appeared on her side!!trip to the vets bank hol monday!!hernia and had to have an emergancy op!!omg not having much luck am i!!she has recovered fine the lump has completely gone now and the fur is growing back..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #2

Re: hernia

Poor baby xxx
I think those dear cats need to come live with me until your run of bad luck runs out
Glad she has mended well though.
Did you see it happen? Was the dog alone or did it have a human companion?

Catsey Junior

07-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #3

the dog was with teenagers on a lead well i call it a lead!!skinny piece of leather really and it snapped the lead!!i had said to the girls carefull with that dog as it will catch a cat espec with roxxi having a funny back,well it had her.i didnt see it but i saw her running away and getting under the fence where the dog couldnt get!!i spoke to the police about it and they spoke to owner and the girls about keeping it under control.didnt help roxxi tho!!

Catsey Junior

07-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #4

i was just thankfull it wasnt Tia!!Roxxi has been brought up with a dog and the 1s around here are all ok with cats so i guess she wasnt quick enough to realise it meant business!!and youre not having my cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #5

Poor Roxxi. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #6

Poor Roxxi, hope she is recovering...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #7

poor Roxxi. hope she is feeling better now!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #8

Poor Roxxi, I hope she'll feel better soon.....

My previous cat was caught by a dog as he crossed through my next door neighbour's garden. He was usually very wary of the dog and ran across quickly to jump up over their 6' fence. However, he wasn't quick enough this time and the dog caught him on his back end and ripped his 'pompoms' He needed to have 'things' pushed back inside and stitched up Poor boy was quiet for a few days but it didn't stop him from going in the garden again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #9

Sending Roxxi a big hug from me. I hope she is feeling better. About a year ago a dog a friend was just about to look after a patterdale terrier called bailey chased kado at that time he couldnt jump fences so he got pinned to a side fence. he was very lucky has he didnt get hurt but i did kado bit me and i have the scar to show for it. It wasnt the dogs fault it had just beign passed from one person too another and the owner did appoiges and did my nails for free she is a nail tecniton.

jane

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #10

Poor Roxxi, hope shes feeling better now.
I had a kitten attacked by a dog once, the dog was on a lead with a muzzle and when he saw my 2 kittens he broke the lead/muzzle and grabbed Rio and was shaking him, then let go and ran away.... Rio was covered with blood, very shaken, we cleaned him up and he didn't have a scratch on him, he had clawed the dog up the nose and it was all the dogs blood.
The owners of the dog didn't even say anything, just took off with their dog and left us with this kitten covered in blood!