Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #1

Domino is (hopefully) neutered tomorrow

Well a whole year after this stray cat first walked through our catflap, with a big open wound on his neck and this week he will finally be brought into the house as a member of the family.
He's booked in for tomorrow for neutering and to have his teeth sorted out, just got to wait for him to stroll in this afternoon and keep him shut in overnight , I can just tell this is going to be a nightmare, this is a cat who has been living on the streets for about 3 -4 years I don't think he'll enjoy being shut in one room overnight.
So we've got to Domino proof our office today, which will mainly involve moving everything out of 'spray' distance and covering the computers with dustbin liners overnight. Then he'll have to stay in here for recovery, and hopefully our cats will like him a little more once hes been done.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Domino is (hopefully) neutered tomorrow

Big day/changes for Domino!! I do hope that he suprises you with how very well he settles indoors. Keep us posted and good luck to him for tomorrow and you for tonight!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #3

aww, will be thinking of him! Hope it all goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #4

Good luck with/for Domino.
I'm still kicking myself that i didn't snaffle an unneutered male stray/homeless boy (Mr Balls ) who used to hang around and sometimes came into the house - full of scabs, abscesses, scratches etc. He was so bad the next-to-last time I saw him 'whole' that I determined next time he came in the house I'd nab him and get him to the vet and then try to totally domesticate him. He next came in on a Saturday morning - I knew I couldn't keep him in the house till Monday and I thought 2 days in the shed would stress him to bits, so I gave him a bit of a cuddle, a bit of food and told myself 'next time'. Didn't work. Somebody along the road had the same idea and snaffled him instead.
It was good to see him blossom into a happy, healthy, plump, house cat though.
Sounds as though Domino is ready to give up his life on the tiles and settle in front of the fire instead. Good luck

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #5

Good luck with Domino tonight and I hope everything goes well for him tomorrow Fingers crossed too that he settles in quietly with your other cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #6

Good luck with keping him in and I hope it all goes well at the vets for him.

He should be grateful after all!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #7

Any update??? As in has he shown up? It doesnt sound like it will be easy

Catsey Junior

11-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #8

No sign of him yet, I know he ate in the early hours of the morning because he cleans every last scrap of food of the plates, our cats always leave a bit, this morning the plates were clean and Rags was starving! A sure sign that Domino has been round.
I expect him to turn up anytime between now and 10pm, for his dinner... I have to go babysit my little brothers in a little while so my b/f will deal with him until I get home. We are ready!! I will post later tonight and let you know how its going!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #9

aww will be thinking of him hopes it all goes well

Catsey Junior

12-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #10

Well he's here! He turned up about 10.30 apparently, and was not to happy about being shut in as expected, but hes been here a couple of hours and has settled down a bit, hes happy enough for now. So tomorrows the big day at last!