Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-07-2007, 02:31 AM   #1

my little girl is soo good...

kuan yin is eight weeks old now and i have decided she will be an indoor only cat. we have three dogs so we've gone from leaving the sliding door open to me keeping it closed when i let the little girl run around and letting the dogs out when they tell me they have to go potty. however, this time i forgot to put the lock on and my 120 lb. saint bernard/labrador mix knows how to open doors i had noticed i hadn't seen kuan yin in awhile and started searching the usual spots...i got to the living room and my heart sank at the open door. the dogs sat there with there tails wagging like "mom, aren't you proud of us? we didn't even have to bark for you!". i thought about our huge yard and how it would take forever to find her amongst the five foot tall rubbage in the back. well, i step outside and she is laying outside the door, lounging on the goat's hay, with her nose up to the sky loving the air. she was so relaxed and happy i almost didn't want to move her. such a good girl, not wandering off or anything...she merely wanted to gaze at the goats that i had let out of their pen to graze in the yard..almost angelic..however, i will STILL be keeping the door closed with the lock ON...LOL

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Turkish Van, Russian Blue, & Mixed
28-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #2

Re: my little girl is soo good...

Aww, I'm glad she didn't go far! Such a mischievious little girl! My kitties are indoor only, but once were indoor-outdoor kitties. I've been thinking about moving to a new home though, and I may decide to let them out again once I have a nice yard. (Right now I only have a balcony!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #3

Whew, Tink, thank goodness she didn't decide to go exploring! What a good little girl indeed! Give her a cuddle for me....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
28-07-2007, 10:25 AM   #4

*phew* what a good girl, thank goodness she didn't go far! I have 2 small children who just open up the doors with complete disregard to our new kitten , he will however be able to go outside but obviously not until he is neutered and vaccinated!

Well done to your clever baby girl!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
28-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #5

whew im glad she did not go far tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #6

clever girl lol

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #7

What a good girl for not going too far from her Mom!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
28-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #8

she was a good girl for not going too far - I think she deserves an extra tasty treat for that!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
28-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #9

I remmber when Buster and Tilly were only 7 weeks old they managed to get out. I nearly had a heart attack but they came back un injured. Glad kuan yin is OK.

Sally