Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
28-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #1

Aaargh I spoke too soon!

Well Thomas had enough of Scrabble (18 wks) last night and pinned him down booohooooo that was horrible.. it's soo hard though to know what to do, obviously that behaviour is unacceptable but I don't want to tell Thomas off too much as it is such a big thing for him to suddenly have another cat to live with after spending 8 years on his own.

I have read the link that someone posted (thanks for that) about introducing cats, which was very helpful.

Does anyone elses cats fight a bit?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
28-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #2

Re: Aaargh I spoke too soon!

yes our cats fight a little bit but they like hiss and growl and slash out

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
28-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #3

Don't worry about it - cats fight with each other all the time - its perfectly naturally - its best not to get inbetween it - unless one of the cats is getting badly hurt.

I remember when I went to the rescue cattery to get Confucious (nearly 10 years ago ) and while I was filling in the paper work for her - this man came in with a cat in a carrier saying he did not want it any-more. He had got the cat a couple of weeks ago along with another one and he didn't like it when the cats fought with each other. The assistant explained that it was perfectly natural behaviour (the two cats had always been with each other and were great with each other!) and this is what they called play fighting. But the man said he did not want his children seeing cats fighting because then they would think it was alright to fight You have to laugh, otherwise you would cry. Those poor cats were then split up because of that man!

Have you got any books on multi cat households? If not I really recommend on reading up about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #4

I would let them get on with it. They'll work out the pecking order.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
28-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #5

Oh ok thanks everyone, I wasn't sure if I should be intervening to be honest. So just leave them to it as long as neither is getting badly hurt? Just suprised Thomas pinned him down poor little mite. I guess it shouldn't come as a suprise really, think I was being a bit naive and should actually be happy that they eat their food next to one another, they will curl up and sleep in the same room and they even "played" chase this morning hehe