Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
04-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #1

Jerry and Milo are being VERY naught boys!!!

Milo only goes out in the back garden with either me or ed there with him as he is getting very brave now and wanting to stry futher than the back garden.
Anyway,ed as ed was letting the dogs out earlier he shot through the back door to Jerry (who has been out all morning)and they have both jumped over in the garden at the top of ours Jerry is normally a good boy and stays in the garden on top of the shed or lay on the grass,Milo is a bad influence on him
Both Ed and I have tried to get them both back over but they are just ignoring us,We have tried tempting them with toys and food but they are having too much of a good time.
The garden looks so gorgeous with bird feeders,baths and tables all over it so I dont think the owners would appriciate 2 cats in their garden.
Anyone got any Ideas for me to try and temp them back over?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
04-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #2

Re: Jerry and Milo are being VERY naught boys!!!

Oh the little terrors

If i want Lucy to come to me if shes upstairs i usually rattle the treat tub, but if there are bird feeders everywhere they will probably be more interested in the birds.

Im sure they will be back over as soon as they are hungry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #3

Oh Erin. So sorry but I feel it's a lost cause. There having too much fun! They'll come back when there done OR how about some smelly tuna to tempt them in. Or sardines if you have any.

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #4

Ive just got the little terrors in!!!!!!
Jerry was at the back of the shed so I grabbed him and put him back in the house.
Then I went to look for Milo but couldnt see him,I couldnt even hear his little bell,I was really starting to panic cause I couldnt see him in the other garden then I heardthis little Meow,I looked up and he was up a tree,quite high up aswell There is no way me or ed would have got up,I was just about to try and find a ladder and he jumped for it Hes fine now,curled up and fast asleep bless him for nearly giving his mommy a heart attack!!!!

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #5

Awww bless his little cotton socks. Just wanted to keep there mummy on her toes . glad you have them back in though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #6

Glad they're back home safe! Sounds as if that garden is too tempting...I forsee a problem here!! Little rascals! And the tuna or sardines sound like a good idea in the future......

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #7

I think we will have a problem too Eileen,we have taken them out and they both headed in that direction so we had to bring them back in There is no way we can make the fence higher because of tree!!!!
Jerry has always been a good boy when we let him out,but obviously now he has his little partner in crime things are going to change!!!!!!!!
Tinkerbell is a little Angel and stays where her mommy can see her

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #8

Have you given a harness any thought? or cat proof the garden? Instead of making the fence higher bring it in. Look at Charlies photo's. Works for her.

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Have you given a harness any thought? or cat proof the garden? Instead of making the fence higher bring it in. Look at Charlies photo's. Works for her.
We would be able to cat proof all the other fences but not this one Jac,ill take a pic in a mo and you will see what I mean about the tree,the tree is in their garden not ours.
We have harnesses for both of the babies but Milo hates it and will just sit down nd refuse to move

Catsey Veteran

04-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #10

If the tree hangs into your garden by law you are allowed to cut it off. That would be an answer. Any over hanging branches chop them. Do your fence and hey presto cat proof the garden.