Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies!
11-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #1

toileting issue

kittens eating well on their whiskas pouches and doing normal poos during the day, the only thing it when we get home from work at night, after they have been fed they seem to do really runny poos. its not the runs because its only when they need to go and not constant toileting. could it be the pouches? i'm thinking of changing the food, but could it be that they are hyper for seeing us when we are home at night?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
11-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #2

Re: toileting issue

The food could be too rich for them come the end of the day. What are you feeding them at the moment and did you say they were 8 weeks??

Catsey Junior

11-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #3

thanx for the reply. yeh 8 weeks, whiskas meat puoches, they wont touch the fish ones. i leave kibble out during the day but they dont really touch it. i was thinking it maybe is just too rich in the gravy, any suggestions of which food could be better?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
12-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #4

I only used whiskers tinned kitten meat until Denis was about 1. I would make sure all food is 'kitten' food, sorry if that is obvious but it can cause problems if they eat adult food too soon. Yes maybe the gravy is rich

Catsey Junior

13-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #5

yeh using kitten food. i have changed it now to natures menu and that seems to be fine! thanks for the help.