Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #1

A new worry with Eva

I may be being a litle meladramaitic or worrying a little too much but....
Eva, as you all know, pee's in her litter box but poops on the carpet. Last week she had the runs and i wormed her, starved her for a day and had her on boiled chicken for a few days.
Well, the problem now is, there is no evidence that she has pooped for around 3 days now. I can differenciate between her and Bernie, I know he is regular and that its his poop in the liter boxes. Spoke with G last night to ask if he had picked up any of Eva's poops and he said no.
She is eating well and behaving as the Diva does.
I worry because I have had a cat die from hepatic lipidosis and the first we knew anything was wrong was the fact that he wasnt pooping but still eating, within 3 days he became jaundiced and like Eva, he was a very stressy cat and we had to let him go coz it was just to stressfull for him to be treated. With Winston and his CRF, I was often on poop watch, if he hadnt pooped by day 3, I would give him a little laxative or something to help him on his way.
Should I maybe do the same with Eva?
I may give the vet a call and see what he says.

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #2

Re: A new worry with Eva

Just called the vet. I'm taking her in to be checked.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #3

Oh Elaine. This must be so worrying for you. I hope it's just a bit of stress-related retention but a vet check is best and will hopefully allay your fears.

Thinking of you and your lovely fluffy girlie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
29-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #4

Oh Elaine poor Eva, could she have pooped somewhere you haven't found it yet? Hope she's ok, I assume the vet will give her a laxative anyway, fingers crossed. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #5

Oh Elaine,what a worry for you.Poor Eva I hope everything goes well at the vets,keep is posted ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #6

Back now, Eva has gained 0.5 kilos but some of that is poop obviously but stillo we will have to address the fact.
She was so tense and angry that the vet couldnt palpate the colon very well at all to feel just how much poop is there. How ever, she took her temp, which was fine and there was a bit of poop on the thermomiter, which is a good sign. She gave me some Katalax but if Eva doesnt poop within 24 hours she will have to go back to be sedated so they can clear any blockage and investigate whats going on. Fingers crossed she poops.
Sorry for being so graphic, I know its not a pleasant subject but it is a good thing to be on the ball with these things.
On another note, the vet has also given me some Zylkene capsules. These are for stress and behaviour problems, the vet said they have had some good results with it, so we are going to try Eva on it for a while.
Thankyou all for your concern and i am pleased i got her checked out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #7

Poor baby,I have everything crossed she does a poop for you,and it doesnt come to her having to be sedated.
Give her big hugs off me and heres some for you too ((((hugs))))

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
29-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #8

Sorry to hear about poor Eva, Elaine Vet trips are always stressful for cats, but it's such a shame that your wee diva is being taken with such a worrying problem. Hopefully the medicine the vet prescribed will help and she'll be back to her normal self soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #9

Poor old Eva....I hope the tablets to destress her a bit help......must be horrible to live on your nerves all the while

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #10

Poor Eva....I hope "things" will start moving some time today, she must be feeling uncomfortable.

I just had a thought Elaine, you say she had the runs last week, that has probably emptied her system....... it does take a while for it to build up again and get back to normal. I hope it's just something like that .......keep us posted.

Hugs to you and Eva...