Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #1

Do you believe?

Come on people do you believe..... this is for fun not to start a debate.....

1. In Miracles?

2. In aliens?

3. Love at first sight?

4. Ghosts?

5. Heaven?

6. Soul mates?

7. Kissing on a first date?

8. Hell?

9. Horoscopes?

10. Reincarnation?

11. Angels?

You do not have to answer those you do not wish to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #2

Re: Do you believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz

1. In Miracles? Yes...but not in the "true" sense of the word.

2. In aliens? Yes

3. Love at first sight? Nope..attraction yes.

4. Ghosts? Yeap...................BOO!

5. Heaven? Yes

6. Soul mates? No

7. Kissing on a first date? Yes certainly, how else you decide on date 2?

8. Hell? Yes

9. Horoscopes? No

10. Reincarnation? Not sure, although I am more a yes than no.

11. Angels? Yes, maybe not the sort with wings and a halo as you would not see those in this day and age. But I do believe their are people who literaly at times of trouble come along and offer help - just at the right time. As they say "God works in mysterious ways"
So as you can see I am an odd mixture.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #3

1. In Miracles? I do believe that some amazing things happen when you least expect it.....

2. In aliens? No. I'm not convinced

3. Love at first sight? No, strong attraction but not actual love..

4. Ghosts? I used to see creepy things when I was younger

5. Heaven? No cos I just don't believe there is enough room up there for everyone's soul ...........

6. Soul mates? Definitely!

7. Kissing on a first date? Yes

8. Hell? Nope!

9. Horoscopes? Nope!

10. Reincarnation? Nope!

11. Angels? Only those who dedicate their lives to helping others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #4

1. In Miracles? Nope

2. In aliens? Yes

3. Love at first sight? Nope

4. Ghosts? Yes

5. Heaven? Nope, but I'd like to....

6. Soul mates? Yes

7. Kissing on a first date? Yes

8. Hell? Nope

9. Horoscopes? Nope

10. Reincarnation? Not sure

11. Angels? Yes, as in the way Kazz described.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #5

1. In Miracles? - I want to say no - but there are some things that are wonderful and how else can theyt be explained.

2. In aliens? - We can't be the only planet with life.

3. Love at first sight? - No. Attraction, yes. Dislike, yes.

4. Ghosts? - Yes, if we can call them spirits or 'presences'

5. Heaven? - Not as such, but if you believe in spirits etc. then I think there must be something, but what?

6. Soul mates? - Yes, I have one.

7. Kissing on a first date? - Depends, if the attraction lasts the date!

8. Hell? No - I think there is something but not a good/bad split.

9. Horoscopes? - No.

10. Reincarnation? - A bit like the Heave/Hell/Ghosts answer

11. Angels? I think there are a lot of wonderful people out there. They are my idea of Angels.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #6

Quote:

1. In Miracles?No..

2. In aliens?No...

3. Love at first sight?No...

4. Ghosts?No..

5. Heaven? No...

6. Soul mates?Yes..
7. Kissing on a first date?Yes...

8. Hell?No...

9. Horoscopes?No...

10. Reincarnation?Think wer a reincarnated in our children...

11. Angels?To me an angel is a person with a good heart, a very kind person...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #7

Quote:

1. In Miracles? In strange coincidences that may be thought of as "miracles".

2. In aliens? Yes - the truth is out there.

3. Love at first sight? Yes.

4. Ghosts? In changed atmospheres.

5. Heaven? Yes, but not in the biblical sense.

6. Soul mates? Definitely.

7. Kissing on a first date? Yes.

8. Hell? Only what we make on earth.

9. Horoscopes? No.

10. Reincarnation? Yes.

11. Angels? Not with halos and wings but "good vibes"!

I have to put something in here because otherwise my message is not long enough!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
02-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #8

I've written my answers before reading anyone else's answers so as not to be influenced, and for it to come naturally Great thread topic!

1. In Miracles? The type described in New Testament, such as feeding 5000 - no. I believe that these are metaphors. I do, however, believe in the power of positive thinking, and therefore believe in stories such as a man who had cancer, life-threatning, but became a Buddhist Monk, dedicated himself to it 100% and cancer went into remission. The power of mind over matter.

2. In aliens? Aliens are my childhood nightmare, and they're the only thing that still keep me awake in night scared. But yes, I do believe in aliens. Not necesarilly the media portrayal of them, but there have been so many sightings all over the world, throughout history, that they can't all be fakes. And the idea of aliens has to have come from somewhere; pershaps the real thing? Also, the Universe is far too small to only have one planet with life on it.

3. Love at first sight?Lust at first sight, love must develop. Although my Grandad did propose to my Grandma on the night they met, saying "you are the woman I will marry and spend my life with" But I still think love needs to develop.

4. Ghosts? Yes. Again, there have been too many stories, reports etc. not just in modern time. Ghost stories herald back to ever since our human culture as we know it evolved. There must be some founding to these stories. I don't know how it relates to an afterlife or heaven, still very undecided on this, but I believe all humans are composed of matter (our bodies) and energy (our souls / spirits) and ghosts are the spirits left in this world.

5. Heaven? I've thought this over many times, and I really don't know. Not heaven in the Christian sense (the stories you hear as a child growing up). It perplexed me as a kid to hear that everyone went to heaven at the age of 33, the age Jesus died, as then when I died I wouldn't recognise my grandad as I knew him when he was 60+ This actually made me cry. I do believe that humans have spirits and these don't just evaporate when we die. I prefer the idea that we become one with the Universe and natural world.

6. Soul mates? I'm divided on this. I am a huge romantic at heart, but I think the idea of two people finding one another at a young-ish age (20s) and then staying together until death do them part is very outdated (marriage itself is based on an 'institution' and the 'marriage market', covering the need to 'own' property and help the social system). I think I do believe in soul mates, but not everyone finds there's. I love my OH with all my heart but I can't say where we will be in 5 years time.

7. Kissing on a first date?Yes! But not sleeping with. I love kissing. But then I only go on dates with people I feel very comfortable with; I wouldn't go on many dates and kiss many guys.

8. Hell? See above on my answer to an 'after life'. I don't believe in Christian hell, but I do believe in the soul / spirit not being able to rest (similar to ghosts).

9. Horoscopes? Not the one's you read in the local paper or online! There are far too many people who claim they can predict on horoscopes, and all of them are mainly written around the Barnum effect (something that is so general, anyone could interpret it to fit their situation). But I do believe in star signs, and that the stars affect the energy which controls our destiny.

10. Reincarnation? Very undecided on this. Gut instinct; no. But I do believe the energy that makes up our soul can appear in another human life form after one death. But not in the hierarchy of Reincarnation that Buddhists believe in.

11. Angels? Not the Christian angels (I keep referring to Christian things because I was brought up in this background, hearing about this mainly, so it is my point of reference), but in guardian angels, who could be the spirit of a relative etc. yes.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #9

I didn't realise that everyone was giving straight foward, simple answers!! Apologies for the mammoth post!