Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #1

Snowy Tuesday

Still snowing here - we've not got a lot though; I'll put up some pics in a mo.
Warm & cosy here, OH,s meeting in London is off, so we're just business as usual, probably without the dog walk. She wasn't keen yesterday and certainly didn't enjoy having her feet washed (because of the salt on the roads). We'll play ball in the garden instead.
Bentley has been for an explore but, having had a good luck, pawed at it, sniffed it etc, decided it's better indoors by the fire

Click here for a winter wonderland musical accompaniment - make sure you have the sound on

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
03-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #2

Re: Snowy Tuesday

Morning DM! The snow has melted here, and luckily it didnt leave any slush behind. It feels colder today than y'day but back to Glasgow rain and wind.

I'm afraid I can't watch the musical accompaniemnt DM, don't have my headphones with me in work, will check it out later

Just a normal day at work, then off to my third belly dancing class, am beginning to get the hang of the 'shimmy'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #3

Well, the school opened this morning and the boys are in their classes! Speaking to the staff yesterday, it seemed as driving was difficult, some of them walked a good distance just in order to get in . . . I'm very impressed by their dedication!

Roads are pretty well passable - even to the point OH drove up here with his fat-tyred old Porsche and arrived in one piece!!

I have to speak to my shed delivery people to clarify times today and also do a lot of writing for our own business rathre than for others!!

Natalie and DM - thanks for the info on the 'snip' yesterday; I will start working on OH about considering it but am not expecting a dramatic change of mind anytime soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #4

Hiya all off today, and the snow is still here but no more coming down now - at least not yet. Its cold but not cold enough to really freeze I don't think, the sun is trying to come out....which if it rains will take the snow away.

The car is under about 6" snow because I did not use it yesterday...been the shop for the paper. Children appear to be off school.

Not a bad day all in all. Hope you all stay safe when travelling and even walking to the end of the garden....it is going to freeze tonight I am told.

Take care Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #5

Hi there,
Snow is slowly thawing here, hopefully we won`t get any more LOL.
I am feeling abit down in the dumps as I have got a stinker of a cold (can`t breath through my nose) and I hate it when that happens.
Thanks DM that video really cheered me up though LOL .
How is the belly dancing going Meep thats something I have always fancied having ago at.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #6

No snow here now, a bright and sunny morning drying up the wet ground, short but sweet it's stay was in the north east as per usual.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #7

Morning from a still snowy south coast! Awoke to about another couple of inches on top of yesterday's, which we thought we might miss. We have had two or three fairly heavy falls of what is probably more sleet than snow since - things are melting, but slowly.

It was OH's turn with the camera this morning. I think he's done well ....

Sorry to hear you're feeling snuffly Leesy - hope it clears soon.

Have a good day everyone. I think we got off lighter than the forecasters forecasted!

PS. Just need to sing a little praise for the delivery driver from Asda who turned up with our order yesterday afternoon. I really didn't expect the order to arrive. This was our first order from Asda and we are impressed.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #8

Bright and sunny here but there's still a fair covering of snow on the ground .......the icicles are beginning to drip though...

Not too many schools closed in this area, just the ones on the outskirts of the city.......... I imagine there will be many unhappy children around who were hoping for a day's play in the snow today.

Stay warm, stay safe everyone...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #9

Thanks Angieh I hope it clears soon up soon as well, it dosen`t help having a house full of little uns with colds as well, its like which nose do I wipe first LOL.

Yes I think we here got of with less snow than expected, we didn`t get the snowfall that was forecast for last night.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
03-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #10

Leesey, I'm really enjoying the belly dancing! I've done Samba and Brazillian dance classes before which are very high energy with lots of twists, moving around. In my first belly dance class I did feel disappointed that I didn't even break a sweat or feel 'worked' and had loads of excess energy to burn. But by the end of the second class we had started on more complicated techniques and it really does challenge and push you. The movements are really subtle and look quite 'easy' as they're fluid and look natural, but they're really quite tricky! However, the teacher is really good and after practicing at home I'm picking them up. Even 'shimmying'!

Even a simple hand movement and hip twist put together does look really beautiful! It is a very alluring style of dance. I would highly recommend!