Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #1

Alpine Saturday

It's looking very picture postcard here this morning. Blue skies and snow covered mountains I love to look at it but not the getting about in it bit. Working this afternoon so cleaning and preparing for my hols this morning. It's cold out ( OH says, he's been out this morning) I beleve him

have a nice day whatever your plans, hope there's no more snow for a while!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #2

Re: Alpine Saturday

Bright and frosty here but no new snow. I have a monster sore throat We're off to find some slabs for the allotment shed base this morning and then later into town for bits and pieces.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
07-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #3

I'm still in bed. Poppy gave me a lovely lie in

Nothing exciting planned as hubby is working and millie is with her father. Not checked on the weather situation yet but its aparently going to be Baltic tonight.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #4

Morning all

Sunshine and blue sky today but the roads and pavements are still treacherous underfoot. I can feel the sun coming through the window so hopefully it will soon start working its strength on the ice.

Cassie appears to be a bit off colour today, she didn't want her breakfast which is very unusual for her. I'll let her rest this morning and try her with some steamed fish later.

Nothing planned this weekend, definitely not venturing out in these conditions yet .......... thank goodness I keep a well stocked freezer!

Enjoy your weekend everyone, stay safe and warm....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #5

hi. We've had a fair bit of snow overnight, but not as bad as it was earlier in the week. {Took me 2 and a half hours to get to work thursday}.... We're finishing off the kitchen today - at long last, then we will be starting on the next room but I'm quite looking forward to it as that's the room we are having the open fire or log burner in.
Lucy is off to a sleepover party later. Not much else happening here except the usual never-ending weekend chores

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
07-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #6

Afternoon all!

According to my iphone the lowest temperature for today is -5 I think it's about 0 here just now. But it's gloriously sunny. I'm enjoying it from comfort of indoors Nipped out to buy some bread, milk etc. and couldn't feel my fingers when I got back!

Made up with OH last night when he got in from work. Apparently he had been purposely not texting, emailing me all day, the "silent treatment", but i do not do the silent treatment so had to be the one to begin conversation. He was good about admitting he was a rage in the morning for no explicable reason, and admitting he was wrong for ignoring me all day when he'd (excuse the childish term) "started it". So we did hug and make up

Went to a really interesting art opening last night too, totally got me itching to dig out my sketch pad. Might do that a bit later this afternoon?

Meeting a friend for Wagamama dinner tonight (the place that does White chocolate and ginger cheesecake, oh my!) and tomorrow OH and I are going to search round antique stores for an elaborate mirror for the living room (guess who's idea that was? But he's about 3 times my size and will be able to carry whatever we choose to buy.)

Looking forward to seeing Revolutionary Road tomorrow too; Kate Winslet's performace is supposed to be heart-wrenching. Better take the tissues...

I manage to get a video of Darcy chasing the light reflection of my watch in quite an amusing manner earlier, I'll try upload it although speeds are slow...

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
07-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #7

Morning all,

Meep I love Wagamama, mmmm.

Been to work this morn and just figuring out what to do for the rest of the day!
Was freezing here this morn but has warmed up quite a bit. Hopfully we'll get some snow tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #8

We have had a bright very cold day here, but no more snow as yet.

I must admit to never having heard of Wagamama - but the idea sort of got through by thought transference to my OH. Look what we're having with our tea this afternoon! Anyone want a slice????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #9

Woo hoo, the warmup is here! Sun, 6 degrees now and 13 by afternoon! Leia's been out on the porch twice already! Did my usual Saturday library run and got gin, might work a bit in the garden....need to cut down dead tops, weed, etc. Then again, might just stay in with the crossword! Angie, that looks good! Mags, hope Cassie is feeling better by now; maybe she got a chill in all that snow.

Enjoy the day, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #10

Angie that looks good...

Dm I would give anything to be able to work in the garden...but soon very soon.