Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #1

Foggy Wednesday

Hello everyone!

It's a really thick misty one here this morning and a bit cold too. The sun is trying hard to burn thru but not successful yet.

My day as been planned out I'm off to the hospital to do a few more checks later, then shopping, then cleaning up here. I need time to do my own grooming too My hair is a mess and I have a voucher for a massage( Xmas pressie) that I would love to use up but time is the enemy.

Nice to see you back Erin, and a new man too ... lovely!

see you later, PP. x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
04-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #2

Re: Foggy Wednesday

Morning PP! No fog here, but a light sprinkling of snow that must have fallen over night. It's fair nippit oot the morn!

Was having a wonderful dream when I woke up to my alarm this morning, was gutted I was woken up during it. Don't you just love wonderful dreams that leave you feeling so happy?

Darcy was being a right clingy wee cheeky chappy this morning, meowing and yowling and scratching and purring and bunting. He obviously didn't want us to leave for work, poor lamb. I'll give him lots of love when I get home tonight.

Nothing much else to report on here. Two gym classes in a row this evening which I'm looking forward to, looks like I may have my beach body by summer after all! Can't wait for my Latin dance class again tomorrow night! I'm thinking of taking up Salsa or Tango, can't decide which. And learning Spanish!

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #3

It's bright and sunny but very, very cold this morning. Sebi gave me a bye bye kiss at the classroom door and beetled off with his teacher - both I and another parent who was dropping his son off were speechless
I have a full day in the office and am actually feeling much clearer-headed and brighter. Worryingly I'm getting panic attacks at night which disturbs my sleep but during the day I'm getting things back under control - hurray!!

Dominik's parent's evening this afternoon. Not expecting anything untoward as he's a good little student but just want to make sure his social development is on track as he's the youngest boy in his class and I don't want him to feel left behind the (now) bigger boys!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #4

Morning all! It's a glorious day here, after a rather foul night - lashing rain and whistling winds. Now the sky is blue, the sun is shining and although it's a bit chilly I think it should warm up nicely. Birdies are singing their little socks off - they all succeeded as you will notice that none have any socks on!!!

OH is off playing golf; just got MIL settled after breakfast and am about to go and put some washing on - might even get to hang it outside today.

I had to resort to opening a can of tuna for Merlin last night as, although he ate some tinned salmon, he wouldn't touch 3 sorts of cat food. He ate a good plate of tuna last night, but has only picked at it this morning. I think I may have to phone the vet and get something to stimulate his appetite. I am wondering whether he is in pain, he keeps shaking his legs - does anyone know if this is a sign of pain? When he doesn't eat, he doesn't take his Metacam and I am wondering whether his arthritis may be playing up.

Have a good day everyone - hope the weather is good or gets better for you later in the day.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #5

Angie I had to laugh out loud at that birds with no socks on comment

And glad to hear Merlin finall ate something. I know it might be his fussiness in old age but if it makes you feel any better, Stravinsky can do exactly the same and he's a young whipper-snapper of 2 1/2! He turns his nose up at something he happilly ate last week and sometimes won't eat anything I open for him (again like yourself trying three different types). I know it's more worrying when he's an older boy, but glad to hear he did eat some tuna

Oh sorry totally missed the comment on his back legs shaking. Sorry I can't offer any info or advice on this

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #6

Just an update - I am taking Merlin to the vet at 4.20 this afternoon. Unfortunately his usual vet is on holiday, but he will be seeing one of the senior partners that he has seen before. I'll let you all know how he gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #7

A beautiful morning after a horrible rainy night. The woods were very soggy so pupster got muddy again (so what's new?) He's had his bath, been blowdried and brushed and is now snoozing on the sofa beside me.

I didn't post about it but Molly has had a bit of cystitis, fortunately we noticed it early and she's responded well to the anti-biotics. The vet's a very nice man but she hates going there (don't all cats?) He always does nasty things like injections or sticking the thermometer where the sun don't shine. On Monday when we went, he did both but she's a good girl and crunches up her Synolux tablets quite happily and is now weeing much less frequently.

Enjoy the rest of Wednesday everyone..

PS> Ooh, just noticed, this is my 1000th post!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
04-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #8

DM - Got everything crossed for a safe return of Chester. What a tinker he is!!

Meep - I'm exhausted just listening about your exercise classes. Im going to get back out running again. Need to train for the race for life in May. Will force myself out after work.

Ange - Let us know how Merlin gets on at the vets?

Off to work in a mo till 8.30pm How exciting is that???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

Hiya all off to work shortly.

And its a lovely day here,

Angie is the leg shaking sort of lift one leg at a time normaly back and sort of move it about Oscar did that I often wondered if it was related to his arthritis or if it was lack of circulation.....like pins needles....Not got an answer but just to let you know Oz did it for a good few years. But thinking about it more in the cold than the warmer weather I suspect with hindsight now it could have been cold in his joints or simply he slept loads in the colder weather and hence forth got pins needles/poor circulation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #10

Afternoon all,

It was frosty this morning, the windscreen froze up after i had sprayed it so was driving to work n couldn't see where i was going, (quite scary) so i pulled up and stopped for a few mins.

We have just had it hale stoning for like 15 mins! Everywhere is white. Will post some piccies.