Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
05-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #1

White-out Thursday

Morning all,

So the snowdrops have been replaced with snow flakes. Woke up to a proper day of snow, which really is unusual for Glasgow; twice in two months! Means it's very cold though, the heating's back on to full-blast and I've got my thermals on!

I started learning Spanish yesterday! Found this great website that's like an online community but it has loads of great courses and lessons that you complete and then other members give you feedback, including speaking. I did my first speaking exercise and it was so embarrasing hearing it over; my Scottish accent was so strong! So i'm really enjoying that, even though all I can say just now is "Soy mujer, y soy bajo y delgada" since those are the only words it's given me!

Got my Latin dance class tonight and then tomorrow's Friday! I really hope it warms up and gets sunny come the weekend, I was all ready to buy a denim jacket and sandals for the coming Spring!

Angie - thinking of you and Merlin today.
DM - I do hope Chester makes an appearance, I still think there is hope.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #2

Re: White-out Thursday

Hi meep! The news about the weather seems to be pretty bad all over the place - we have had no snow here but it is grey and raining. Not far to the west, there is laying snow and roads are closed etc. Sorry to hear that you've had to put your thermals on again - those sandals will have to wait a few more days I think!

Good news about Merlin this morning. I have posted in the other thread. He has perked up and eaten a good breakfast, albeit in two parts, because I had to race off to the vet to buy another box!

My fingers are still crossed for Chester. I really feel for you DM - wish there was more I could do to help.

Hope everyone manages to keep warm and safe if travelling. Have a good day - mine has brightened up no end just through an empty saucer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #3

Morning. It's white-cloud overcast and cold here but no dampness from the sky of any kind - which is good. Busy at the office again, and again, Sebi ran off into his classroom without any fuss this morning
Dominik's parents evening went very well. He's doing brilliantly at everything; especially creative writing and reading. He's only 5 1/2 years old and has a reading age of 6 years 8 months!! We're well proud He read his homework book when he came home last night and then asked me if he could copy-type it onto the PC. Bless.

Angie - I'm delighted that Merlin's perked up.

DM - I keep coming back to your thread hoping they'll be a positive update. Your post was heartrending and my eyes tear up each time I read it. I really am hoping that your theory is unfounded.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
05-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #4

Afternoon all,

Meep, I know some Spanish, I was teaching my self it last year.

Its freezing here today, there's only a little bit of the hail stone left now. Was -1 this morning but its around 6 now.

I'm just waiting for my parents to return from their jollys.

Ive also finished one of my job for a week and a half yay. got 3 days left in my other job then im just gonna totally relax.

Enjoy the rest of the day people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #5

Hi peeps! Things are improving: up to 4 degrees and will get warmer, the sun is shining in clear blue skies and I FINALLY got out of the house to market! I was getting cabin fever! Even Leia enjoyed the porch for a bit this morning without freezing her stripey tail... other than that, no news here.

Angie - so happy Merlin's eating
DM - still praying hard ....
Meep - sorry about the thermals and snow! Yo habla Espanol, pero no bien ahora!
Yola - you must be so chuffed about your boys.
Janey - enjoy your break!

Stay warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #6

Hi all

Snow quite thick here. OH had to take us down the hill this morning. Hope it does not freeze overnight or we'll be stuck in.

Angie and Merlin - hurrah
DM - Fingers and toes still crossed for you and Chester.
Meep - I wish i had a quarter of your energy!!
Yola - you must be so chuffed about your boys.
DM - at least you got out for a bit. I don't mind being in for days, but only if that is my choice.
janey83 - peace and quiet shattered then!!

Enjoy the rest of the day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
05-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #7

Cold but sunny here today. Spent a busy morning at work, little cat who had a ruptured diaphragm repaired yesterday was really bright today which was great
Packing my tickets and lunch for tomorrow and all set for an early night, off to Crufts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #8

Hiya! here at last, catching up with Angie and DMs posts on their boys. Glad that Merlin is perking up but I'm still hanging on to hope that Chester will return home and I'm keeping DM in my prayers.

Another sprinkling of the white stuff, well I'm not a fan of it so the sooner it goes the better. Luckily we had a lovely bright blue sky day here and although bitter cold, in the car it was very pleasant.

Essay handed in, still have three baby exams to complete then course finished, phew!