Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1

Sunny Saturday

Morning all!

It's a beautiful sunny day here and the washing is having a good blow on the line..
Nothing special planned for the weekend, will be pottering in the garden as and when...

I'm still hoping for a miracle DM (((hugs)))

Have a good weekend every one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday

Morning Mags,
Its well sunny here, think its gonna rain later though!

Fingers still crossed here too DM

Not got much planned for today other that chillaxing till later when I may be going out for a meal.

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #3

Some sun remaining here but it's rapidly clouding over and cooling down.

I'm feeling very down today, combination of feeling that my contributions (to anything here - home, business or child rearing) aren't valued, PMS and the fact that my birthday's approaching and I know -based on previous years - that it's going to be all but ignored by the one person who really shouldn't ignore it.

The one nice thing about being upset is Balie's always there to comfort me. He snuggled up in my lap against my tummy and just sat there with me. Bless my special little boy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #4

It's sunny here too.
Sorry you've got a cloudy mood Yola - can you get to the allotment? Lidl are doing box hedging plants very cheap today - great for starting your own par-terre for, maybe, a herb area?
We've been to town, been to the CP Fair, stuck up more posters, had a coffee, other non-consequential things.
No other news, I'm afraid. Enjoy the sun - bad weather forecast for tomorrow again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #5

Hi all - Sun is a stranger to this part of the world today. We have strong wind and horizontal rain. Can't see more than few hundred yards because the rain is so bad. OH gave up trying to stay out on the hill as it was so windy and cold.

I had lots of garden plans - not today I'm afraid.

Hope the posters etc work for you DM.

Yola - hope you feel a bit more upbeat later, you do sound down in the dumps today.

Considering going to see new Clint Eastwood film tonight. Will depend if we can tear ourselves away from the fire!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #6

Hi all! It started really foggy here this morning but soon cleared. Has been sunny, but is clouding over now. Yes, the forecast doesn't look good does it? When is the weather going to stay decent for more than one day at a time? Sorry to hear you've got such horrible weather CM.

I keep thinking about Chester and willing him to come home. I admire your outlook DM, we all know it's hard but I read your philosophy on the other thread and agree that it's the contract we make when we decide to allow our friends the freedom they love.

Sorry you're feeling low Yola - somebody needs a kick up the backside by the sound of it - and I don't mean you! Glad that Balie shows you what's real.

I had a lovely evening out with OH yesterday and there was nothing much amiss when we got home. We got home later than intended and she'd obviously been wandering and switched off the outside lights and shut Merlin in the kitchen - but she'd gone to bed and was happily asleep. We had a relaxing evening, with good food and company. Met people that OH had played basketball with over 20 years ago!

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #7

I'm actually feeling a bit low this afternoon angie. I'm on my own and I'm going over my chat with Cats Protection at the Fair and the pet shop man as he read the poster I asked him to display. Everyone is very hopeful, as they should be, and as I am (from experience) with other people when their babes go awol. I just can't get my head round my Mr Stay-at-Home Wuss being far enough out of earshot to get himself into trouble. What on earth did the soft boy do? And why didn't he run home to his mum, like the daft thing he is?
But - if at all possible, I think cats should have the freedom they love. I'm doing a little "maybe I should have cat proofed the garden" but really, if you saw my location, you'd say that was unecessary. All our houses, from time dot, have been chosen with cat safety very near the top of the list of must-haves.
Maybe, still, maybe ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #8

((((HUGS)))) DM .............. we are all hoping.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #9

Oh DM - I just don't know what to say that isn't more of the same.

I so agree with you that it is what we agree to when we let them go out and about I would be unable to keep my two in.

Hugs for you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #10

Still praying for a return, DM .......

Sun earlier clouding over now but who cares..it's already 18 degrees and 25 predicted for afternoon! False Spring, but delightful; remember just this past Tuesday the high for the day was -2?! Our weather is weird. Didn't wear wool hat or muffler on the trip to library and liquor store, and could have worn a lighter jacket...lovin' it!! Porch was open earlier for Leia, who had her outing and is dozing as usual now.

Hope it's a good day for all.