Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #1

Tuesday daily chat

Good morning - I'm up and doing early today but that is a good thing, because I went to bed early and had a good night's sleep (all without my OH here too) and feel much better for it. Looks like we had a lot of rain in the night (as forecast) but the sky is clear and the sun is starting to shine. It would be nice, and therapeutic, to have a day on the allotment but it is too wet underfoot at the mo.
The carrots and potatoes I have growing in pots in the polytunnel are sprouting and doing well and the few strawberry plants I have potted up in there for an early treat look like they are enjoying the warmth and are going away well.
I have nothing special to do today. Walk the dog, tidy the house, make the supper - that sort of excitement. I must, at some point, do the electronic registration for our US trip next month. I hope it may mean we get allowed in with a little less delay and a little more charm .. your border guards do your country no credit you know, US folk!
Enough for now. Have a nice day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
10-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily chat

Hi and good morning everbody, yes we had alot of rain here DM but it does look like the weather is getting brighter, didn`t sleep much as I was abit worried about my son as he was out camping last night as part of his college course, if you could call it camping as they hadn`t got any tents they had to make their own shelter in the woods to sleep under and they only had bare essentials. They had to do it as it counts towards his Public Service Diploma it is supposed to give them an insite as to what it feels like to be homeless and being moved on by the poice etc.
They could have done it when it was a bit warmer couldn`t they LOL.
Will find out how he has got on when I pick him up later as I couldn`t ring him as phones where not allowed.
Have a nice day everybody Pauline

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
10-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #3

Morning all, Hope your son wasnt too cold last night Pauline!!!

Looks like we had a lot of rain here as well, the suns trying to come out now.

Im going shopping in Liverpool today for some holiday clothes...

Enjoy your day people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #4

Morning all, just trying to catch up with the washing and waiting for my mum/sister to call before heading off to walk the dogs. We should have a better idea of the damage to my dads heart today and what they will be doing about it.
So far we have blue skies, long may they continue.
Eva was very cuddly in bed last night, dont think she left my side for long through out the night, bless her.
Right off to hang out some washing, get the next load in and clean out the hammy tank.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
10-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #5

Hi all just spoke to Craig janey83, he has survied the night he is abit cold and wet though but he is now safely on his wasy home. Hope you have a nice day shopping in Liverpool.
Elaine hope you are feeling abit better and hope everything goes well at the hospital for your dad today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #6

Morning! Feeling a bit delicate after a bottle of wine with the curry last night, and going to bed at midnight on a 'school' night - but overall not too bad. We have pretty well cut out the painkillers and drinking during the week (last night excepting of course), and I certainly am feeling more together for it.

Today we have to trot to the bank to sign some papers and then I have a team meet with the staff to discuss role and responsibilities over some nibbles.

Sun is shining and it's quite warm but it's ben raining heavily overnight here too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #7

Well it's still pretty blustery and really not terribly warm. I think the wind is coming from a chilly place but will swing round to come in from the mid Atlantic tomorrow and raise the temperature.
Glad your son survived Pauline - that sounds a very worthwhile little experimental night out.
Elaine - hope you get some idea of the way forward today but don't be frustrated if they seem to take for ever to decide what is the next course of action. He's in the safe place and they will look after him in the meantime.
Jane - have fun shopping - where are you going for your holiday?
Yola - hope the head is getting better. I'm not very good at midweek drinking either and try to avoid it. In fact I'm really not very good at drinking at all - a knack I have lost. I don't think that's a bad thing though.
angie - well, thinking of you and your old campaigner

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
10-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #8

Morning all! Everyone seems very busy and bright and breezy (despite 'delicate' states after wine, Yola ) on a lovely sunny Tuesday.

I still have a headache, from allergies it seems, but not as bad as yesterday. OH and I booked our summer holiday last night This makes me VERY excited! It's going to be wonderful, although it is 5 months away Ironically we're going to Portugal, whilst I'm busy learning Spanish - ah well!

Spanish learning is going slowly but I'm really enjoying it. Also, the spring-sunshine we've got today has improved my mood no end. Long may it continue!

Darcy and Minsky were loving a game I made for them last night with big bits of newspaper. I turned all the kitchen chairs into caves and made a few paper tunnels for them. They had a good hour of jumping through them, and 'hunting' for treats that I'd strategically placed. So they were very happy pusses last night and this morning; overall a very happy household Have some videos of Minsky catching the ball which I must upload...

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #9

Morning everyone! A sort of watercolour day here, lots of rain overnight, and a bit blowy this morning, scudding clouds but a bit of blue sky.

I love the term "old campaigner" DM! Absolutely spot on for Merlin, who seems quite bright this morning. He gets so easily bored/fed up with food and although he polished off 9 out of the 12 sachets of the sensitive food, he is now "off" that. Tried him on Nature's Menu (just happened to have a couple of trial sachets in the cupboard) and he ate them with gusto, so now have to go and find some more. A bit high in protein, but for a cat his age - as I keep saying - he can have whatever he wants to eat as that's the most important thing. We keep getting little flashes of the cat he used to be, like chasing a ping pong ball or catching shoe laces and of course, bringing in the rat.

Do hope you get good news at the hospital, Elaine. Don't worry about the quiz tomorrow - I shall be "subbing" for you.

Pauline - I think your son is amazing!

Enjoy your shopping, Janey.

Really looking forward to seeing the video of the lovely Minsky - your paper tunnels sound great fun meep!

Have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #10

Hi, all! Gloomy, overcast, chilly (5 degrees) with a raw East wind and rain predicted. Decided to have a lie i and skip shopping. I was going to put out fur for the birds, but not today; soggy fur all over the shrubs not good idea! It's an enormous clump of fur, enough to line a condor's nest!

Angie, good to hear the old warrior is eating OK today, may it continue. DM. where in the States are you going...I must have missed a post, or bad memory!
Janey, good shopping! Yola, hope the delicate feeling goes away; Pauline, bravo to your son surviving his "homeless" night. Meep, Portuguese is similar enough to Spanish that you should be able to cope. Carlos, our neighborhood handyman is Portuguese and Carolyn who's very fluent in Spanish manages to communicate with him quite well (his English is a bit limited). Elaine, thinking of you and your Dad.

Hope it's a good day for all.