Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
10-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #1

It's all down to Meep!!

Since I read Meep's reply about her exercise schedule on the Slimming Club thread I started to think, dangerous I know!

It all came to ahead on Sunday where I have decided to become assertive in my life and put me before lots of other things and not last for once. I'm tired of looking after everybody else all the time at home and at work and putting my own needs/wants last. My life revolves around what hubby has planned and the kids and then I slot in housework and work accordingly and there is no time left for ME.

I have been obsessed about my weight for aslong as I can remember but I have always let food control me but now I am going to control the food that I eat and finally lose all this weight that is making me unhappy. I have cut down my portion sizes and am thinking about what I'm putting into my body and focussing on what my body needs and not what my mind says it wants. I'm only a size 12/14 but I feel huge and I am flabby and it shows when your only 5ft 3

I have signed up for Race for Life which I plan to run in May in memory of my MIL. I have begun training a couple of times last week and today I have joined a local health club. They have a gym, sauna, steam and lots of fitness classes as well as a pool. They also have a coffee shop and relaxation area. I actually managed to run 2 miles on the treadmill in 21 mins non stop and I feel so much better and happier already. I'm taking time to do things I want to do and not do what everyone else wants for a change.

Sorry just wanted to share and thanks to Meep for giving me the push to do what I always wanted to do and to give me the incentive to get off my ass and do it.

Anyone for a hot water and lemon?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #2

Re: It's all down to Meep!!

Good for you Natalie!!! More women should make time for themselves. Personally I love going to the gym, it is the buffer between work and homelife.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #3

Re: It's all down to Meep!!

Oh Nat I'm so happy to hear this! Way to go, girl; we women have a tendency to care for others first and neglect ourselves. That sounds like a good program you've started and I wish you all the luck in achieving your goals. Is it a 5k race?

A gold star to meep for being the inspiration!