Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #1

Catsey

I thought it might be nice to ressurect an old subject since we seem to have quite alot of new members of late, some of whom havent posted as yet, but hopefully they will, so here goes...
What do you all think attracts people to Catsey, or not as the case may be?

For me, I like the honesty and openness of many of the members, their genuine compassion and understanding of animals and humans alike.
I do however get a bored easily and quite restless when the forum is quiet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #2

Re: Catsey

I echo the above; also that it's a small and very friendly forum. And people's willingness to help with all sorts of questions/problems ...there's hardly anything you can think of, from computers to medications to recipes that someone will unfailingly help you with...the breadth of knowledge and experience here is wonderful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #3

What attracted me........not sure really I am reasonably certain DM (uk) found it first and told me about it I was on dogsey and obviously had the cats then...now catless of course.
What makes me stay friendly people the majority of whom are a little crazy. I fit in quite well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #4

I found Catsey after a Google search for advice when Merlin first got poorly and have stayed because the folks are kind, knowledgeable, supportive and friendly. It can also be fun!

Oh, and I have to say that I love to see pictures of other peoples' cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #5

I found Catsey through joining Dogsey.....Like the fact we are a small community,very friendly, and always someone with advice.....and we can also have a laugh...
I have made some good friends since joining ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
29-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #6

I find Catsey to be a very supportive and very freindly forum, it is nice to be able to ask for and get advice from other people that may know more about a certain ailment or subject than yourself, and also it is nice to beable to give advice and for it to be aknowledged and appreciated by other people.
Even though I haven`t been a member for long I feel that myself and my cats have been openly accepted and made to feel very welcome by people who have known each other on the forum for years, yee all have made us feel very welcome .
I have alot of fun and look forward to seeing pics of everybodys cats and other animals they may own and making lots of good friends

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #7

I was a little apprehensive when I joined, being American and older than most members, but soon got over that; everyone was so friendly that I soon felt comfortable here...knew I'd been accepted the first time someone teased me!

And, as Angie said, I too love seeing pictures and hearing stories about others cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
29-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #8

I love the fact it isn't "cliquey" like some of the other forums I've been on. (the members are not all forming their own little groups and pushing some people aside and not talking to them on the forum is what I mean by "cliquey")

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #9

And we have a great Boss, Az! And generally we're very good about sticking to the rules so the Mods don't have to keep after us...I'd say we police ourselves quite well!

And the Games and Quiz are fun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #10

Oh Lord! I haven't started Q hunting yet! Thanks for the reminder Eileen.